Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my wife says she is tired of the Drone (it doesn't really bother me). I need to know what is the best Cat Back system to retain my loud exhaust but get rid of the drone. I want to keep a very aggressive tone outside the car but with little to no drone inside.

Any Ideas?

Vendors?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
what exhaust do you have now? do you have headers? LS3 or L99?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an LS3. Right now i am running LT headers and No mufflers. everything except Cats and Headers is stock.

I want a nice setup that will help me maintain my LOUDness and kill at least most of the Drone.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I have an LS3. Right now i am running LT headers and No mufflers. everything except Cats and Headers is stock.

I want a nice setup that will help me maintain my LOUDness and kill at least most of the Drone.
drone sucks...it's going to be hard to keep it loud and kill the drone.

I have the full ARH setup (1-7/8 LT, hi-flow cats, x and mufflers)...and there is ZERO drone (but they are not that loud)...I haven't heard of many cat-backs that don't drone with LT's...but being that you have NO mufflers, ANY cat-back should be better.

You could also install a set of 4.10 gears...this will bring up your RPM's a little and should get rid of a good amount of your drone (as you know, these cars like to drone at 1800-2000 rpms when cruising on the highway).

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a great deal on a Kooks system.....

I called and talked to Brandon at Maryland Speed. He made me a really great deal. I paid less for cats and exhaust than you normally pay for just the exhaust. Just go to marylandspeed.com call their number and ask for Brandon.

They actually have a video on their site of the exhaust I baught.

http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-stree...ck-p-2977.html

If you click on the multimedia tab next to product info tab you can see the video

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
i also have no mufflers. i added some sound deadening to the entire trunk and battery area. it helped keep the sound on the outside and made a big difference

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts