Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in headers and exguest today Not to bad of a install. I was already to start up the car and listen to kooks raw. But the car does not star now. Battery is good as all the lights on the car work. We tested the starter and it's fine. Does anyone know what it could be.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no it will not crank at all. Like I said all the lights come on. But in the dic it seems like it will cycle threw all modes. What I mean by that is it will say low fule then check air bags stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Check ALL your electrical connections under the hood. It sounds like you probably messed one or more connection up when you were changing your exhaust manifolds out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is something funny. I tried starting the car with my Onstar app. And it said the car was running but I am home and the car is at the shop so I don't know if it really started. Can the car say its running when it's really not with the app.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It could still be the battery. Need to have it checked just to be sure. But like patriotpa said, you probably loosened a connection under the hood when doing your install.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here is a thought after the install we hooked up the battery and all the lights came on. but in the DIC the trackcontroll would not shut off and i had no tire pressuer and the air bag would also not shut off. but the car was NEVER FULLY ON THE GROUND maybe it needs to sit on the ground totelly for the sensors to read everthing. i know it sounds crazy but you never know. i am sure most of you are crying right about now so am i as i write this

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery while you were making the mods? If you did'nt then try a disconnect of the ballery for about 45 minutes then reconnect and evaluate the system again.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
here is a thought after the install we hooked up the battery and all the lights came on. but in the DIC the trackcontroll would not shut off and i had no tire pressuer and the air bag would also not shut off. but the car was NEVER FULLY ON THE GROUND maybe it needs to sit on the ground totelly for the sensors to read everthing. i know it sounds crazy but you never know. i am sure most of you are crying right about now so am i as i write this
Here is what I recommend. Whenever you install something on your car it's good to look over everything. Then do a clean up of the area and remove all tools. Make sure you have accounted for every tool, bolt, nut, wire, connector, etc. Then after making sure the area is clear and all tools are put away, do one more look over. Look and make sure everything is connected. After that maybe have another person do a look over. And then start your car. It seems excessive. But after you've been working on your car for a few hours you'd be surprised at how much you could miss. There were times when I found something I missed on my third look over.

More than likely you missed something small. I have to ride with everyone else and say to check the battery...since it won't even crank. If it isn't the battery then look at your fuses or the On-Star system, or the vehicle's anti-theft system.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is what I recommend. Whenever you install something on your car it's good to look over everything. Then do a clean up of the area and remove all tools. Make sure you have accounted for every tool, bolt, nut, wire, connector, etc. Then after making sure the area is clear and all tools are put away, do one more look over. Look and make sure everything is connected. After that maybe have another person do a look over. And then start your car. It seems excessive. But after you've been working on your car for a few hours you'd be surprised at how much you could miss. There were times when I found something I missed on my third look over.

More than likely you missed something small. I have to ride with everyone else and say to check the battery...since it won't even crank. If it isn't the battery then look at your fuses or the On-Star system, or the vehicle's anti-theft system.
Battery is good. Seems like the wire that goes to the start is no good it not getting any power. We don't know why. I have a tech looking at it tonight.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's more than likely not the wire, probably a fuse or solenoid in the starter circuit. Might be the starter relay. The starter wire only gets power to it when you turn the key to the start position.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We jump started the starter and the car cranked over but did not start. We checked all the fuses and relay switches amd they were all good

·
Registered
334 Posts
So it wouldn't crank before, but when you jumped it, it cranked. Sounds like a starter solenoid to me. Not sure if these cars have them though.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts