Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a few weeks back my clutch pedal lost pressure when i pushed it to the floor to try and start my car. so now the tranny is locked into the "engaged" position but i was still living in a hotel because of the hurricane, but now im in house so let the "fun" begin!

well i was able to get some time to work on it the other day (19th) and asked my new neighbor if he had a set of jack stands that i could borrow and he did so i got under there with a pressure washer just to clean things up a bit (clutch fluid EVERYWHERE) and then i got under it to find the slave was not were i left it... it was about 2 inches higher and 3 inches to the left from where it should have been. the bolts holding it in were (1) missing and (2) broken so i disconnected everything and ordered my new parts from Toyota and they should be here by Thursday. so YAY!

ok well i got all of my parts today and was able to install them and when my dad and i were bleeding the clutch he let the reservoir empty until there was no fluid left in the lines and now we have been bleeding it for a while now and no improvement... i cant seem to work out all of the air, or build pressure for that matter any help would be great... thx

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
what was the problem?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The slave cylinder is a double action piston (push/pull) so you cannot do both sides if you bleed like brakes or use the pressure bleeder. Those that do are only doing the engage side of the piston and don't have any air trapped in the other side (disengage)...... i still need to "fine tune" it. i still have air in the lines i think and i hope thats it but when i drove it this morning i would push the clutch to the floor but half way down it would get tight and then "pop" and be easier to push the rest of the way.... so basically i think it is "binding" either that or the master is going out or something???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts