Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to lower my Camaro but I don`t want a stiff ride ,I would like as close to stock as possible,if possible.I want to lower 1 inch only,maybe some of you guys can share your opinions on Eibach or others with me so I can make a choice,thanks guys.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I love my Eibach Pro Kit which comes with the sway bars, lowering springs and bushings. Here's a couple threads on the topic that discuss the ride issue...

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-forum/32209-eibach-pro-kit.html

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-forum/30828-my-eibach-lowering-springs-sway-bars.html

and this thread/poll concerns the topic in general with some discussion on the Eibach kits...

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-forum/30879-lowering-springs-sway-bars-bushing-kits.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys and girls think that other kinds like Hotchkis and BMR are about the same stiffness as the Eibach,remember I want to drop only 1 inch,thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used the Hotchkis springs and sway bars. 1" drop and settled a little. Ride is a little stiffer but good. All springs will stiffen the ride some. The most difference in handling is the sway bars.Handles like it's on rails. Go with the Hotchkis. Cost more but worth it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would like to lower my Camaro but I don`t want a stiff ride ,I would like as close to stock as possible,if possible.I want to lower 1 inch only,maybe some of you guys can share your opinions on Eibach or others with me so I can make a choice,thanks guys.
I put Eibachs on my pontiac and the front end then bottomed out hitting bumps. I took away my smooth ride but did make it handle better. I ike the lowered look but don't want to do anything to sacrice my Camaro ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey gang, I'm gonna be ordering the Eibach pro kit soon. can anyone tell me if I need to get the Eibach Pro Front Camber Alignment Kit as well, and if so, so I need a set for the front and back, or just the front.

Thanks in advance

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
hey gang, I'm gonna be ordering the Eibach pro kit soon. can anyone tell me if I need to get the Eibach Pro Front Camber Alignment Kit as well, and if so, so I need a set for the front and back, or just the front.

Thanks in advance
I didn't do that on mine....so no you don't need it.

And in response to a previous statement...I've had NO bottoming out issues with my pro kit....just the occasional problem with those ginormous speed bumps and I'm still only rubbing my cut-outs...nothing else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't do that on mine....so no you don't need it.

And in response to a previous statement...I've had NO bottoming out issues with my pro kit....just the occasional problem with those ginormous speed bumps and I'm still only rubbing my cut-outs...nothing else.
thanks for the info, and your ride is awesome!!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
thanks for the info, and your ride is awesome!!
Thank you! :D But after thinking about this...I do have a little more to add...

If you have GFX the lowering becomes a slight issue. I was concerned about clearance on the front with my GM GFX so I didn't have my front splitter installed...just the other three pieces. And if I had installed it...as I suspected...I would have shattered it at least three different times by now even though I'm very careful when I park.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you! :D But after thinking about this...I do have a little more to add...

If you have GFX the lowering becomes a slight issue. I was concerned about clearance on the front with my GM GFX so I didn't have my front splitter installed...just the other three pieces. And if I had installed it...as I suspected...I would have shattered it at least three different times by now even though I'm very careful when I park.
I don't have the gfx, but thanks for the heads up, especially since i just brushed a curb tonight.... LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
got the Eibach Pro Kit installed this weekend, and I love it. The ride has now gone from casual to and EVENT!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do it...you'll be glad you did...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts