Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 Camaro SS and was just wondering what other peoples opinion was on first mods to do. I know I want to do the exhaust first to give it a more aggressive sound, but after that I'm not sure where I would like to start. I would like my finished product to be a everyday driver with as much HP as the engine could comfortably take. Any and all advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
No mods needed. GM hit it out of the park on this car.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Congrats :thumbsup: What kind of SS is that? Auto or manual, what options ? Typical mods are cold air intake, exhaust, and wheels. There are several cold air's out there to choose from. Same goes for exhaust depending on how much or little you want to replace; you can do axleback, cat-back, and change out the whole kit and caboodle with longtube headers and cat-back. The car already comes with factory short-tube headers, that's one reason it sounds better than previous Camaros with the exhaust manifolds.

I'd suggest going to some local car shows and/or cruise ins and see what others have done. If you have the NPP exhaust and want a bit more aggressive sound, just pull fuse 51 (that's for the npp valves) that keeps them open all the time. With wheels which gets done a lot and it all comes down to personal preference. As for anything else, there is a huge market for appearance mods. If you can think it, somebody probably already made it ;)

Personally the 6th gens don't need a whole lot especially if it's going to be a daily driver. I had a '16 SS before the ZL1 and didn't do anything except pull fuse 51 for full open npp valves. Just drive and enjoy; there's plenty of time to mod later on. (after the warranty runs out).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
As stated above, the initial mods are always a good start. CAI, catback, tune (if you don't care for the warranty). If that doesn't satisfy you then LT headers might be next on your list. The thing is that since this is still a new platform, the prices will be a bit high for probably about another year. So if you can hold out then I would say wait. If not then shop around. TSP has good prices. And GM put out a cai that is pretty much the same as the actual company CAI. There doesn't seem to be too many other options for now. Roto-Fab makes a nice intake. But I think that is about it. The market will be flooded soon enough tho!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Basics that will not cost and arm or leg!!
#1 Borla ATAK exhaust Catback, aggressive throaty sound
#2 New CAI, research this, many around, mine was a Halltech Yellow Jacket
#3 Larger Throttlebody, I went from the stock 95mm to 102mm, added quick response + HP
#4 Tuner, many ways to do this, I had a Diablo In-Tune tuner, added much HP, but ultimate is fine tune on a dyno with the Diablo tuner or a better professional tune (costs much, depends)
#5 Long tube headers

This is a good start even with just #1-3 or 4!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
...just PLEASE don't do this:

Save it for the ricers.

>:)

Reactions: gbvinla

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Good advice from all of the above. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts