Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I "purchased" my car on 7/30, meaning I drove it home pending my return the following day to finish signing paper work. The paperwork process actually didn't end until around 8/5.

During this process I started noticing things, flaws, nothing big.
1) dent in passenger side door (presale). I was told by the GM and Sales associate it would be fixed for free by there body shop.
2) Rust patches on the each tail pipe. Nothing major, but it will spread if not addressed.
3) Steering wheel leather cracked and scuffed in about at 4" area.

Long story short, we forwarded pictures and Chevy said neither the tail pipes or steering wheel are "warranty" items. Fair enough, however, the dealer offered to fix the issues "at cost". WTF!!! At cost? What about the $35,000 I just gave them!!!! I paid $2000 for an extended warentee (5yr 100,000), I think my only leverage is to threaten to cancel this.

Just wanted to vent. Even when buying a dream car, the process SUCKS!!!!

I think what's adding to my frustration is that the GM, Sales associate and Finance Manager are all now gone! All gone in less than a week..

·
Registered
395 Posts
you paid 2000 extra for a 5 yr 100,00 warranty?? I could be wrong but I thought it came with a 5yr 100,000 mile warranty to begin with. Thats what my dealer told me

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that sucks...did you notice all those things before you took it home? Isn't the exhaust stainless? If not, it's gonna rust anyway.

I think the dealer is more at fault here...these issues should be fixed if you noticed before you left the lot (or maybe they could have taken some $$ off). You could certainly threaten to cancel the warranty...the dealer does make $$ off that.

I would think the most important thing is to make sure the dent in the door is fixed and fixed right. Personally, if my car came in with a dent, I'd be walking away unless they took $$ off.

you paid 2000 extra for a 5 yr 100,00 warranty?? I could be wrong but I thought it came with a 5yr 100,000 mile warranty to begin with. Thats what my dealer told me
the 100k warranty is just drivetrain...I'd assume he bought the extra bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
395 Posts
that sucks...did you notice all those things before you took it home? Isn't the exhaust stainless?

I think the dealer is more at fault here...these issues should be fixed if you noticed before you left the lot (or maybe they could have taken some $$ off). You could certainly threaten to cancel the warranty...the dealer does make $$ off that.

I would think the most important thing is to make sure the dent in the door is fixed and fixed right. Personally, if my car came in with a dent, I'd be walking away unless they took $$ off.

the 100k warranyy is just drivetrain...I'd assume he bought the extra bumper to bumper warranty.
ahhh ok :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I bought the bumper to bumper (electrical and such). The Drive-train 100k covers only things that historically never break. The bumper to bumper is a nice revenue source for a dealership, so I'll hang that over their head and cancel if needed.

I agree it's 95% dealer, maybe 100%. I noticed the dent before the sale and was told it could/would be fixed by people who are no longer there. Shame on me for not getting it in writing. As far as the steering wheel, i think it is from craftmanship or poor material. I paid extra for the "polished" tailpipes. I don't recall reading rust would be included.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
So are they refusing to even fix the dent? That's messed up if so...I'd raise HELL.

So it's your exhaust tips that have rust? It may polish out...worth a shot.

It sounds like the dealer just doesn't believe in happy customers...go right to the top, speak to the owner or at least the manager.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Get the deal you want or walk. There is no sense in you having to pay to fix a new car.

I think that the $2000 for the 5-50 bumper to bumper coverage is too high. I paid just under $1000 for 7-70 bumper to bumper last year for my G8.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It sounds like you already accepted the car so therefore the dealer is taking advantage of that. I agree though, get the deal you want or don't deal. I propose we all try and help you out here. This is a simple case where if we all raise our voices it might help a brother out. If you can get the e-mail address of the General Manager there we should all e-mail him with our opinions. Of course you would need to post pictures so that we can say we saw the damage our selves and are very unhappy with the way it is being handled or something like that. :angry::angry:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I "purchased" my car on 7/30, meaning I drove it home pending my return the following day to finish signing paper work. The paperwork process actually didn't end until around 8/5.

During this process I started noticing things, flaws, nothing big.
1) dent in passenger side door (presale). I was told by the GM and Sales associate it would be fixed for free by there body shop.
2) Rust patches on the each tail pipe. Nothing major, but it will spread if not addressed.
3) Steering wheel leather cracked and scuffed in about at 4" area.

Long story short, we forwarded pictures and Chevy said neither the tail pipes or steering wheel are "warranty" items. Fair enough, however, the dealer offered to fix the issues "at cost". WTF!!! At cost? What about the $35,000 I just gave them!!!! I paid $2000 for an extended warentee (5yr 100,000), I think my only leverage is to threaten to cancel this.

Just wanted to vent. Even when buying a dream car, the process SUCKS!!!!

I think what's adding to my frustration is that the GM, Sales associate and Finance Manager are all now gone! All gone in less than a week..
It is very strange they allowed you to take the vehicle home without signing all of the paperwork. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen, and it has happened.

Regarding the three issues you listed above, I cannot imagine any automaker allowing those to be covered under warranty. If the dealer worked something out with you, that is between you and them, not GM.

Honestly, you should not have taken delivery after seeing those issues present, usually once you drive away, they have no way to prove it was there before or after you took the vehicle off the lot.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Honestly, you should not have taken delivery after seeing those issues present, usually once you drive away, they have no way to prove it was there before or after you took the vehicle off the lot.
unfortunate but true...but certainly raise hell (in a nice way at first) and see if they'll help you out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a steering wheel leather crack on a Chevy in warranty, they fixed it, no problem. But that was in a small town Chevy dealer, you know the one, run by three generations of the same family over the past 85 years, where everyone knew your name. Yup - it's the same one GM had to close down.

Get your sterring wheel fixed under the warranty.

g

1 - 12 of 12 Posts