Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertibles Sell-Out in Three Minutes

DETROIT – In just 3 minutes earlier today, customers quickly claimed all 100 of the special edition 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertibles prepared exclusively for the annual Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. These new owners claimed their Neiman Marcus Edition cars via a special telephone reservation process today, a few hours after the car appeared on NBC’s Today Show.

Only 100 special edition convertibles will be built, each offering luxury appointments inspired by Neiman Marcus combined with the legendary performance of the Camaro SS. The lucky 100 new owners will take delivery of their special edition cars in the spring of 2011, shortly after the new 2011 Chevrolet Camaro arrives in dealerships.

The Neiman Marcus Edition is defined by its exclusive Deep Bordeaux exterior color, accented by subtle, “ghosted” rally stripes. The exterior color is complimented by a matching fabric top and windshield frame finished in matte silver, both also exclusive to the Neiman Marcus edition.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Sorry, not feeling it. Can't get excited over a car that most here wouldn't pay that much to own.

There's better things of Camaro on which to spend 75K on.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I ordered three of them :D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Do you have any coming in Eric? What about you Scotty?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Although NM has identified 100 customers who have reserved their Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible, we will continue to accept calls at 1.877.NMCMARO (1.877.662.6276) for those customers who wish to be entered on a waiting list through tonight. It is possible these customers MAY have an opportunity at a Neiman Marcus Edition Camaro Convertible if one of the 100 customers currently on the reservation list decline their reservation or cannot complete the transaction within 15 business days.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
I am sooo EXCITED that I will be getting one here in Sparta after all!!

Pics to follow...look for them some time around May, 2011. :D

Thank you JH!!
You go girl, my woman agrees, that she loves this car "purple", shes got the truck (!), we argue its purple or Lava Red !, "I'd love to have the Hennessy tho, not to much on $$ !"

:bigparty:The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !:bigparty:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
811 Posts
I know Fbodfather made a big deal about this on C5, but whatever. It is downright ridiculous and gluttonous to spend $75,000 on one of these convertibles. Collectible or not, it is a waste of money and you can have the same exact car (probably better tested when official production starts) for probably $25,000 less. If you are lucky enough to be filthy rich, then fine, but if you scratch and claw for your hard-earned money like me, this is a travesty. All a matter of perspective really and I sincerely did not appreciate Fbodfather's tone in that post either. He sounded completely highfalutin and elitist. Guess I'd have that attitude too if I worked for GM as long as he has and earned his kind of money too. Fbod, next time be a little more modest when people lash out and criticize events like this. Your stance on this issue is not very becoming of you. Personally, I'm pissed off the convertible wasn't originally offered and when I ordered my car I couldn't get it with the SLP wheels with the nice red line tire accents and finished rear end. I really wanted Hugger Orange as well. I'm happy with what I have but the false advertising and terrible paint job (i.e. Kitty's Camaro and countless other owners who suffer from terrible orange peel that GM will not assist) really annoys me. Release the vehicles you advertise, otherwise keep your criticisms to yourself. :angry:

Here is an excerpt from what Fbod said:

OK --

Tell me how much you think it costs to validate a new paint color.

**If you had originally planned the colors you originally advertised years ago, it wouldn't be so expensive and therefore would not be a surprise.**

Tell me how much you think it costs to validate a new wheel.

**You should have known people were going to want the SLP wheels on the convertible concept, why not have a deal in place already to make it cost-effective long before-hand? You dropped the ball on the Hurst shifter for 2010, plan ahead and get your crap in gear**

Tell me how much you think it costs to validate a new interior trim.

**Why would the new interior trim need to be heavily revised to the point of where you have to complain about validating costs?**

If you are close, I'll certainly tell you - but then take those costs -- add them together - and divide by 100.

**Demand wouldn't have been this high if you released the convertibles from the start and therefore GM wouldn't be appear to be in league with companies like Neiman to "pretend" their editions are truly special when the production model is just about the same **** thing but charge a boatload more for them. You want to defend that GM and Neiman are doing this for all the right reasons and not for corporate greed? Then don't promote price gouging and wait until the convertible is available to everybody before offering a special edition of car that isn't even in production yet. That's how you justify the higher price tag because it isn't available in any capacity at the moment? Unless it is for charity, I don't buy your explanations. Preaching to the choir my friend.**

Corporate greed? Don't think so!

**How naive do you think we are? Honestly.**

(........and by the way - if you are a U.S. Citizen, you own part of GM.....)

**Just because the U.S. Government still owns a large part of GM doesn't mean it is or can be any less corrupt. Absolute power in any capacity will corrupt absolutely**

I don't mean to belittle you - I know you feel very passionate about Camaro - and I know you love your new Transformers Camaro --

..... but unless you know those costs, I'd kindly ask you not to make statements such as
".......Because the price is an example of corporate greed. The car is nice.. the price is an insult to poeples intelligents...." that simply isn't the case. I really isn't!

**Then release the car as advertised without making excuses or "belittling" those that aren't as "informed" as you are.**

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I know Fbodfather made a big deal about this on C5, but whatever. It is downright ridiculous and gluttonous to spend $75,000 on one of these convertibles. Collectible or not, it is a waste of money and you can have the same exact car (probably better tested when official production starts) for probably $25,000 less. If you are lucky enough to be filthy rich, then fine, but if you scratch and claw for your hard-earned money like me, this is a travesty. All a matter of perspective really and I sincerely did not appreciate Fbodfather's tone in that post either. He sounded completely highfalutin and elitist. Guess I'd have that attitude too if I worked for GM as long as he has and earned his kind of money too. Fbod, next time be a little more modest when people lash out and criticize events like this. Your stance on this issue is not very becoming of you. Personally, I'm pissed off the convertible wasn't originally offered and when I ordered my car I couldn't get it with the SLP wheels with the nice red line tire accents and finished rear end. I really wanted Hugger Orange as well. I'm happy with what I have but the false advertising and terrible paint job (i.e. Kitty's Camaro and countless other owners who suffer from terrible orange peel that GM will not assist) really annoys me. Release the vehicles you advertise, otherwise keep your criticisms to yourself. :angry:
Someone needed to vent a little ;)

First off, your initial comments above are WAY off base. The very same could be said (and are said by some) about people who buy a $30K vehicle and swap the wheels, tires, suspension, add a blower etc etc etc. It's about personal taste and buying what YOU want to drive and modifying it (or not) to YOUR personal taste. How would you feel if someone said the above to you about your personal vehicle and any mods you may have done to it? Think about it...

If someone wants to spend $33K for a 2SS or $75K for 1 of only 100 made, knock them selves out. It is their money and I could care less how THEY spend it :cool:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Someone needed to vent a little ;)

First off, your initial comments above are WAY off base. The very same could be said (and are said by some) about people who buy a $30K vehicle and swap the wheels, tires, suspension, add a blower etc etc etc. It's about personal taste and buying what YOU want to drive and modifying it (or not) to YOUR personal taste. How would you feel if someone said the above to you about your personal vehicle and any mods you may have done to it? Think about it...

If someone wants to spend $33K for a 2SS or $75K for 1 of only 100 made, knock them selves out. It is their money and I could care less how THEY spend it :cool:
I understand that man, but what you don't understand is that THIS is my first BRAND new Sportscar and I was fully under the impression that I could order it as seen on the posters. I'm not talking about the concept vehicles, but the Convertible, Wheels, and Paint job all seemed to exist. I looked into getting those SLP wheels but they only come in black and don't have the red line stripe. I wanted this purchase to be easy and gratifying. Instead, it was anything but. I love my car, but I felt like I had to settle for what was available at launch.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I understand that man, but what you don't understand is that THIS is my first BRAND new Sportscar and I was fully under the impression that I could order it as seen on the posters. I'm not talking about the concept vehicles, but the Convertible, Wheels, and Paint job all seemed to exist. I looked into getting those SLP wheels but they only come in black and don't have the red line stripe. I wanted this purchase to be easy and gratifying. Instead, it was anything but. I love my car, but I felt like I had to settle for what was available at launch.
So once you 'found out' what was public knowledge already, you still went ahead and ordered your car right? You had the choice to not order it and wait until the options/features you really wanted were available or buy what you did and maybe trade up later on. I don't see where the hostility is coming from.

GM never claimed a 2010 Convertible was available when you ordered your car. GM never claimed those wheels were available either. Same for the paint... It was very clear what was available on the 2010 Camaro when you ordered it. If your dealer jacked you around, that sucks for sure. forums like this one had all of the information one needed.

That is one downfall of ordering at first launch, maybe everything you wanted wasn't available at the time, but we all have choices and act upon them accordingly. Being pissed at GM or the rest of the world won't change that :cool:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts