Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I, personally, don't like the front of the depicted Trans Am. I much prefer the look of my ordered 2SS/RS.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm against bringing back the Firebird, the whole shared platform with it should just die as far as I'm concerned. If an aftermarket company wants to do it, go for it, as far as GM doing it, well let it go!

Also, the pictures in that link are ugly, it's way to over board and to loud!

I don't mean to be negative, I just wouldn't want the firebird to be the laughing stock of new era muscle cars

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
As much as I would like to see a Trans Am I dont think Gm can afford to have 2 sports cars once again and expect the Camaro to compete sales wise with mustang or challenger/charger. Having 1 Car gm is more likely to grab a few of those TA/Fbird people to buy a new camaro just because its Gm.
Add another car and we may be back where we were before they canned the car.

Not really practical at the moment for GM over imo

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like this one:

dont remember where i got it.....but i get the same feeling when i look at it as i did when i first saw the camaro concept.....:eek::roxor::bigparty:
ditto
i like it also :popcorn: :popcorn:.... come on pontiac... i am watching and waiting

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jonz5gen, thanks for the link. When I put similar views on this site I got edited. Whether anyone wants a new Firebird or not, they should be paying attention to the rest of the article. We do not need the likes of Barney Frank, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi designing our cars. We need people like Sungyap Lee doing it. I remember the seventies and Carter's secretary of transportation, Joan Claybrook. Any one out there with a late seveties vintage car can look at their 85 mph speedometer and see what I mean.
In the motorcycle world, we had to buy a device (gear reducer) that made the speedometers read 1/2 so that we could know how fast we were going.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts