Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minus the halo rings, so if you don't have an RS package your new headlamps are on a mustang.

Hey Ford you Piece of CRAP. Thanks for stealing the new Camaro's headlamps you douche bags

thats ok, you still have your ghetto Autozone fog lamps in the middle of a really gay looking grill!
I swear Ford never innovates anything. Gm comes out with the H.O. High Output tags. SO Fords like WAIT a second. We'll come out with the SHO, and it stands for SUPER High Output. We are genius.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
maybe im blind im not seeing it however they are offering interior ambient lighting and a few other things as well just as we are.

I have seen a lot of people on Camaro boards comment about this new mustang and im seeing Camaro lovers say this car is more practical than the Camaro and they like it.

How is what im asking ?

Yes we know in 2 years ford is doing a total makeover and up in hp to a awsome 6cylinder and a 5liter v8 however i think gm would up what we have as well when that time comes.

And they are going to price this car around what gm is pricing the Camaro.

There V6 220hp i think
ours 300 hp

Them SRA
Us IRS

We need all american cars to sell however if mustang still out sells a camaro then Americans are idiots and I stand by that.

Ty Gm for finally giving us everything we asked for you made a AWSOME car that will look good , awsome power and great Gas mileage for the power we will be getting :patriot: the time we waited was/is worth it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yea im kinda disappointing in ford...
it doesnt even look different other than the head lights...
which they did copy off the camaro....

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Ya that redesign is a huge makeover from the current generation. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mustang "Easy Fuel Capless Fuel Filler System"
"Fill-ups are easy and quick... the system helps reduce fuel tank evaporative emissions by eliminating the potential to drive with a missing or improperly installed gas cap"

cuz mustang owners have a hard time remembering to replace the cap after every fill up...

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
roflmao

hey im ashamed no one is speaking about how they redesigned the donkey/ass emblem on the front of the car :D im giving them props for that
it looks better Shrugs I gotta for once give them credit somewhere lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
be harder to hit and run with the new mustang as it has the "SOS Post Crash Alert System" alerting everyone that you were in an accident and need everyone to stare at you

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Minus the halo rings, so if you don't have an RS package your new headlamps are on a mustang.

Hey Ford you Piece of CRAP. Thanks for stealing the new Camaro's headlamps you douche bags

thats ok, you still have your ghetto Autozone fog lamps in the middle of a really gay looking grill!
I swear Ford never innovates anything. Gm comes out with the H.O. High Output tags. SO Fords like WAIT a second. We'll come out with the SHO, and it stands for SUPER High Output. We are genius.
No idea what you are talking about.

Ghetto Autozone fog lamps? Mustang has had those round lamps in the grille for a few years already, that is nothing new.

SHO - Ford has used that designation for MANY years, remember the S.H.O. Taurus? That car had a Yamaha motor I believe and was a pretty nice ride. The 1995 Impala SS couldn't hang with it on the Expressway ( I tried as best I could) :lol:

The headlamps are nothing more than the next step from 2008, look at the GT500 below. Do they resemble the Camaro lamps? A little, but look at most of the cars out there today, if you are going to start picking them apart, companies have been taking styling queues from one another for many years ;)

·
9,152 Posts
Mustang "Easy Fuel Capless Fuel Filler System"
"Fill-ups are easy and quick... the system helps reduce fuel tank evaporative emissions by eliminating the potential to drive with a missing or improperly installed gas cap"

cuz mustang owners have a hard time remembering to replace the cap after every fill up...
I wish GM did this on their cars, it would cut costs a little and make things more convenient for the driver :cool:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
There are minor styling changes, which makes the car look a bit tighter overall. Similar with the Camaro tightness.

To me, it doesn't look horrible. The "C" or "L" side indentations from the original styling is a bit more subdued, as is the entire side slab being brought out reducing the wheel arch fender effect, and a hump incorporated into the quarter panel haunches seem to go well in defining it as a Mustang evolving. Moving the big turn signals into the headlight area wasn't a bad idea either. Changes are subtle, but there's no mistaking it as a Mustang. I'm glad that there is some competitiveness still out there left to make car companies want to look at how to win the battles over each other. When they do that, we as car buyers win.

But even though she's got a nice body, doesn't mean I want to be seen with her in any way. The Camaro is still way hotter and that's the one I lust after.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hrmm. Well OA.
I'm not talking about the fact the headlight itself is round I'm talking about the turn signal/amber markers that are a direct rip off. If you guys don't see that... Find a NON RS modle and then you might see a bit better.

OA I guess you don't understand where I'm coming from with the SHO comment. I'm talking about how Ford hasn't innovated anything since the early 1900s. And a "My daddys stonger than your daddy" approach to their Nomenclature.

GM has had the H.O. badging out far before the ****ty SHO Taurus, which btw a motor doesn't mean the rest of the car isn't a POS. Ford decides to come up with their ever so innovative SUPER High Output. WOW, Super High Output is HIGHER than REGULAR High Output! MAN FoRd Is So KEwl!

It just screams lame to me.

And again, you aren't familiar with the $2 autozone look-a-like fog lamps in the middle of the grill?

·
9,152 Posts
Hrmm. Well OA.
I'm not talking about the fact the headlight itself is round I'm talking about the turn signal/amber markers that are a direct rip off. If you guys don't see that... Find a NON RS modle and then you might see a bit better.

OA I guess you don't understand where I'm coming from with the SHO comment. I'm talking about how Ford hasn't innovated anything since the early 1900s. And a "My daddys stonger than your daddy" approach to their Nomenclature.

GM has had the H.O. badging out far before the ****ty SHO Taurus, which btw a motor doesn't mean the rest of the car isn't a POS. Ford decides to come up with their ever so innovative SUPER High Output. WOW, Super High Output is HIGHER than REGULAR High Output! MAN FoRd Is So KEwl!

And again, you aren't familiar with the $2 autozone look-a-like fog lamps in the middle of the grill?
My name is Joe :D

I see what you are saying above, I did in your original thread.
Quite a few people like the round lamps in the Mustang grille. It is just another retro theme carried over. No, I do not think they look like cheap Autozone lamps

Calling it HO, SHO who cares. Again, These have been used by the big three for MANY years. Nothing new here, you are reading far too much into that IMO.

2010 Camaro/Mustang headlamps, again, they do look similar, but so do many other cars out there. I think you are splitting hairs.

As far as Ford not innovating anyting original since the 1900s, what are you basing that on? What has GM done that has been THAT much better than Ford in respect to truely innovative production?

Just one example, remember the 1986 Mustang SVO? Car was ahead of it's time. The list goes on for both GM and Ford, I don't see one being light ;)years ahead of the other, the current economic situation with both Ford and GM sums that up ;)

I am glad GM and Ford have these cars coming to showrooms in this current sea of cookie cutter sedans and Crossover vehicles, the Mustang and Camaro are a much appreciated and welcome entry :D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Hrmm. Well OA.

I sense anger hatred and rage. Do you need a Midol?

·
Registered
523 Posts
wow what a disapointment,i mean its a cool car being a mustang and all but i thought this new so called badass mustang was gonna be styled from the concept car whatever muriaglo something or other. FACE IT FORD you blew it this car no way no how can be compared to the NEW 2010 CAMARO:roxor:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
wow what a disapointment,i mean its a cool car being a mustang and all but i thought this new so called badass mustang was gonna be styled from the concept car whatever muriaglo something or other. FACE IT FORD you blew it this car no way no how can be compared to the NEW 2010 CAMARO:roxor:
I think you mean giugiaro. :lol:

But yeah, the Camaro made one of the best comebacks of any car in history, IMO.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes the mustang is cool BUT it
doesnt look much different except the nose was changed... Very little
the rest looks the same
i was hoping something... newer?
i dont know it just seemed like it would be something all knew lol

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I dont really care for the new look the stang has given but honestly its not bad and kind of a cool idea on where to go next.

Have yall ever wondered....Are they running out of idea's meaning american automakers on there ideas for the next mustang or camaro ?

surely they wouldnt go with the look of a 71 mustang !!!!!!!!

Mustang took the 99 body style and called that there 65 resemblance
They took there 05 and called that there 67 resemblance
And now a 2010 the 1969 resemblance

????????? where now ????????

Now if camaro came out with a 2nd Gen look hmmmmmm interesting lol

Can you say Split bumper ? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts