Modern Camaro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES I am not going to bull**** you in anyway shape or form.I am a member of a site that is just like 5GEN.ORG and they have similar passion for fords and mustangs of every vintage and as such I am trying to be unbiased:lol: about this but i thought this would stir up a hornet's nest.The Mustang will be powered by an "ECO BOOST" TWIN TURBO V-6 PRODUCING 415HP which if i do my math correctly outguns a 400hp LS2 powered Vette!:rotflmao:.In addition to the Boosted 6 they will bring back the venerable 5.0 V-8 which in talented hands and brains can get a fox body into the 7 second range.I don't know if the new 5.0 will be SOHC OR DOHC like the "CAMMER" (sorry if i'm speaking GREEK here):lol: but here's the linkhttp://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t30559

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Well, the 500HP GT500 can hardly touch a 400hp LS2 Corvette, so I'm not worried about a 415hp Mustang lol.

So now Ford says:
315hp 4.6L V8
350hp 5.0L V8
415hp Twin-turbo V6

A V6 with more power than both of the V8s? That's a bit silly.

Oh well, I'm not worried.
Besides, an LS2 powered Camaro will never exist. :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so it's reasonable to think that the v-8's ford will offer will have more than 415hp

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who's buyin?

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
GTFO out here Troll. Last time a checked, moron, the Camaro can't come with an LS2, since the motor has been phased out. The 08 Vette's all have LS3s, which are 430hp. Also, the last time I checked, nobody has said WHAT V-8 monster that GM produces will be available in the 2010 Camaro. Either way, expect it to have 400+ HP, a 6 speed, and an IRS that will stomp you on the drag strip or around the road course. OH, and expect it to be more reliable than a boosted 6, since LS motors have been known to EASILY handle 200K miles without a problem.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Lets also see how I can sell Vettes at $500 over invoice, and the Ford dealers will mark it up WELL over invoice....Oh...Did I mention the Vette is the only US big 3 manufactured car in the top 10 for resale value????

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if they managed to make it lighter than it currently is and i'm not a troll i was refering HP TO HP,lb to hp is completely different.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lets also see how I can sell Vettes at $500 over invoice, and the Ford dealers will mark it up WELL over invoice....Oh...Did I mention the Vette is the only US big 3 manufactured car in the top 10 for resale value????
well thank you for wisdom the village idiot has reached the platau of enlightenment

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I forgot.... Miles per gallon. Be interesting to see who wins there.

The Mustang can seat 4 though.......I can't top that!

It's all out of love - no hate here!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Sounds like ricer math :homer:

·
Registered
382 Posts
if they managed to make it lighter than it currently is and i'm not a troll i was refering HP TO HP,lb to hp is completely different.
Well then your argument is completely without a base b/c we all know HP numbers don't mean jack unless they are being compared on similarly weighted cars!

You:

·
Registered
382 Posts
BTW...

From Wiki:
Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Internet troll)
Jump to: navigation, search
"Do not feed the trolls" redirects here. For the Wikipedia essay, see Wikipedia:What is a troll?.
A sign meaning 'do not feed the troll'.
A sign meaning 'do not feed the troll'.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok you can shoot the messenger:BangHead::notworthy::bowdown::5go:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.