Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock 2011 1SS. I was going home tonight and got on the highway, ran her up to 4k rpms as usual for my break in period, I've got about 650 miles on 'er, I have about 1/4 tank left, was going to get gas when I got back into town 25 minutes away... mabye that would have something to do with it???

P0442: This indicates a fuel vapor leak in the EVAP control system. It means a very small leak has been detected. - Did a fuel cap check, nice and tight.

P0454: Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Intermittent. - Not sure what fuse this is... should I check it?

P0464: Fuel Level Sender Intermitten. - Fuel sender? In the tank???

Any help? Is this something I should be worried about? I can clear the codes with my Predator... but dont know if I should look into this.... Like I said, brand new car, bone stock, no crazy driving, just get her up to 4k with a moderate foot, no tunes yet with the Predator... I dont wanna hurt my baby!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I wouldnt clear any codes unless i knew i was the cause, such as putting headers on. Is the car running normally? Check it again in the morning after it sits overnight. if it throws those codes again, I would take it to the dealer and let them handle it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely stock.

I reset the codes before I went to work... nothing happened on the 20 minute drive here...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Codes come for a reason.. I would not clear them when they come back on, just schedule an appt at a dealer to get it looked at. None of those codes will hurt it to drive it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah :-\ it's been fine today, drives the same... I have an appt next tuesday to get some detailing done, maybe they can look at it then...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hopefully the codes will come back, if you cleared, there is nothing they can see if you take it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts