Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure why this hasn't been anywhere on the homepage.... If feel as if yet again, MC has failed us, but the "refreshed" 2014 Camaro SS was unveiled this morning on Michael & Kelly.

Quite a few changes to the front and rear of the car..... Official unveil tomorrow.

·
Registered
394 Posts
looks like they did some nice changes.. i like it..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hillary, I agree with you. Here's what I'm shocked about:

1) This hasn't been anywhere on Modern Camaro, which has been one of my biggest issue and complaints!!

2) The tail lights. Before I make my full opinion, I'd like to see better pictures or see it in person.

3) They didn't mention anything about Engine Upgrades?! Maybe that'll be saved for tomorrow.

4) I still don't understand why they unveiled it today when there is an official release tomorrow.

5) Why hasn't anyone that has control or that runs Modern Camaro posted something on the Home Page about the new "refreshed" Camaro?! It's been all over C5, Scotty's page, and Camaro5150. I just don't get it.....?!?

I think that's it for now, but I might come up with a couple more........ LOL

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
The taillamps don't do it for me. The rest is minor.
The hood is nice.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very suspicious that the tail lights look like the Euro Camaro and that huge license plate surround looks european as well. Either this is Chevy getting extra press like when spy photos are "leaked" and this is the real deal or we're getting played and this is just the Euro Camaro, probably the former.

Europeans get slightly different Camaro with LED taillamps

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I am sorry...I have been a Camaro fan all of my life. This is a big step backward in my opinion. The rear lights look cheap and like they should be on a nondescript sedan or something. The front looks like a giant fat person sat on the front of the car and squashed it down. What were they thinking??? Now the lower grille is too big and they have some ugly plastic hanging down from the top that looks unfinished. If they weren't going to do it right why do it at all? This reminds me of the third gen Camaro on how they screwed it up. All they had to do was replace the "bird catcher" grille with a decent looking one like the Heritage grille. Why didn't they ask the Camaro forums for suggestions on how to make it better?

The Euro tail lights would look much nicer than the ones in the photograph. I liked the ones we already had...just put in some LEDs.

I will be keeping my 2013 for a good while now.

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
My first thought when looking at the front passenger side angle picture was Mustang. Second thought when I logged on here was "where's the info???" I figured this place would be buzzing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Its really sad how this forum has fallen, I remember watching all the leaks/debuts for the 5th gen on this site, but I came on here yesterday and nothing...... while the other site had it on the homepage with 30+ pages of posts. I guess that's why I've been spending more time over there.

About the refresh. The front end is growing on me (really like the fog lights), I don't like the wider hood or the heat extract. Tail lights are terrible and the rear spoiler is not my style.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
And the Camaro Disciples weren't even asked about the updates... maybe it would have stopped some of the hate...

I still love you guys & gals though.... WE still rock!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Its really sad how this forum has fallen, I remember watching all the leaks/debuts for the 5th gen on this site, but I came on here yesterday and nothing...... while the other site had it on the homepage with 30+ pages of posts. I guess that's why I've been spending more time over there.

About the refresh. The front end is growing on me (really like the fog lights), I don't like the wider hood or the heat extract. Tail lights are terrible and the rear spoiler is not my style.

30+ pages of posts kind of turns me off, to tell you the truth. Either everyone just says the same thing over and over or they argue back and forth. Granted, I'd like to see things here first, but all the drama I can do without. That's not to say I don't look elsewhere, but here is where I like.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I will have to agree, I would not have changed the tail-lights. On the front, don't like the oversized lower grill or the hood. I am planning on keeping my 5th Gen. for a long time. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts