Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would APPEAR some dealers are entering Camaro's under the wrong "code":

SRE = Sold Order Type = Built for you.

TRE = Stock Order Type = Built for retail sale.

Make sure you have a SRE order type and NOT A TRE. If it is not SRE, you may not get your early welcome kit, and WORSE, not be price protected until your car comes in!!!!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts

Make sure you have a SRE order type and NOT A TRE. If it is not SRE, you may not get your early welcome kit, and WORSE, not be price protected until your car comes in!!!!!!!
Mr. Camaro Scotty Sir, (or anyone else who knows)

Maybe people in different threads have brought up this question and I have never seen it answered.

You talk about price protection, but many of us with pre-orders were told by our dealers that pricing has not been made official and all our paperwork says "Pricing to be determined" or something like that.

Also I believe dealers do not have anything office saying GMS pricing will be available.

Is this wrong, or is this accurate. Do we need to get some further commitment from our dealers on price?

Thanks!

-Brad

·
Registered
395 Posts

you mentioned welcome kit. I had my code checked and im at the 1100 code. am I suppose to get a welcome kit now or when my order is actually in production

·
Registered
51 Posts
1100 Status means "Order placed at Dealer", you need to be at 2500 Status before the order is sent to production, and 3300 for it to be sent to production. Those status changes won't come for a few weeks dependent on where you are in the production sequence...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I requested and received a detailed pricing summary from my dealer on March 6. It loos like the real thing .. 13 pages long and it does have the pricing on it. I don't know about GMS pricing.

·
Registered
395 Posts
1100 Status means "Order placed at Dealer", you need to be at 2500 Status before the order is sent to production, and 3300 for it to be sent to production. Those status changes won't come for a few weeks dependent on where you are in the production sequence...
thank you for the info kind sir :5go:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a number comprised of letters from the dealer that I got on October 13th. I also have a number comprised of letters and numbers that I got in the mail from Chevrolet with my Sunyapp Lee lithograph. I think that my order is pretty much confirmed. Am I right to assume this?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I have a number comprised of letters from the dealer that I got on October 13th. I also have a number comprised of letters and numbers that I got in the mail from Chevrolet with my Sunyapp Lee lithograph. I think that my order is pretty much confirmed. Am I right to assume this?

you can look on your workbench printout...towards the bottom, mine says "order type: SRE-Retail Sold"

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine also says SRE - Retail sold

On order 2SS/RS/M6 RJT (did have Hurst, but that's been pulled by the dealership, also pulled the rally stripes as what the code states is different that what I will actually get).. Waiting patiently!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Emailed my dealer today and he sent me back the pricing info for my order.

He was able to send me an updated printout with standard pricing filled in.

Still no word on GMS.

-Brad

·
Registered
131 Posts

After reading this, I checked the documentation I had received from my dealer detailing what I had ordered and the associated pricing. I did note that it did not include any Order Type code. Having ordered in mid-January and not yet receiving the Welcome Kit, I became concerned.

At the bottom of the 10 page document that had received, it notes that the printout was prepared by "GM AutoBook, Data Version 147.4". I presume that this is the software identifier.

After noting the above, I have e-mailed my salesman who, to date, has always been very informative and responsive, seeking clarification and confirmation of the order status.

Thanks to all for sharing this important info. :thumbsup:

UPDATE:

I got a very timely response from my salesman and have posted much of his response under a new thread (http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11242) because it had info about the May 6th show.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Camaro Scotty...thanks for the continued GOOD INFO. I confirmed with my dealer today I am in the SRE catagory..good to go. :D:5go:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts