Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals, I just thought you might like to see a few photo's of a new Axle Back, center exit exhaust that I am fabricating for my 2010 2SS/RS L99 Camaro, from exhaust sections from a Borla XR1 system that I had left over from my 2003 ZO6 Corvette.

A good friend of mine owns a muffler shop, so I had no problems getting the ends of the exhaust sections expanded for slip fit connections where they were needed.

The system is made from 2 1/2 in. outside diameter .065 wall, 304 stainless steel tubing. I left the center resonator in the system to produce a chambered throaty exhaust note, which sounds fantastic all the way to red line with no drone.

The system will be finished off with two exhaust hangers & 4 in. diameter slash cut Borla tips to give it the Factory OEM look. The Factory exhaust outlet holes in the rear valance will be filled in using a valance from a previous Camaro that I once had.

You could also fabricate this system using exhaust sections available from stainless works with the endds expanded for slip fit connections as well! Feel free to pm me for questions. Enjoy the photo's.

All The Best,

Red 2010 Camaro

Attachments

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Good job ... been trying to decide exactly what I want to do when I do need to change my exhaust ... I definitely think the center exit is a unique look

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the best photo of the FULL REAR END view that I have for now. I will post more photo's when I can get back to the shop to finish the system. I live in Indiana & it looks like it will be at least 2 or 3 weeks before it is warm enough to finish the system.

All the best,

Red 2010 Camaro

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found one more photo just for you Nancy, & I also now also have an Inferno Orange 2SS/RS. I need to up-date my user name.

All The Best,

Red 2010 Camaro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be sure & PM you with the finished photo's when finished, in case you would like to do something like the center exit exhaust for your 1LE.

You should be able to buy the exhaust sections with the expanded ends for slip fit connections from www.stainlessworks.com including the clamps & exhaust hangers that you would need.

All The Best

Red 2010 Camaro

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts