Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woohoo, got my tracking number this morning for my new Cold Air Inductions CAI! :D Hoping UPS picks it up sometime today so I can get it by the weekend and install it, take advantage of the nice weather we're supposed to get.

First (of many) mods for my new baby!

And as a sidenote, I love how I justified the 2SS/RS to myself as just getting everything I wanted now to save money in the long run, and yet it's all I can do to not keep dropping more money on it :p I don't see this trend ending anytime soon...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Congrats!!Good Choice on the CAI, U will be Very Happy with it, I have one on my 2SS/RS... I wish they would have had the Black Powder Coat option when I got mine..... Yeah I said the same thing when I got mine last Oct and I've spent around $4K so far with a Lot more to go....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah, it's a tough urge to resist.

And definitely agree on the black powder coat, that's the way I went. I love the subtleness of it, looks sharp. Will post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got antsy waiting for my new intake, so installed my new P13W LED foglights instead! I love the result, couldn't be happier. So much better than stock.

Stock foglights

LED and stock bulb side by side

Installed

P13W LED foglights

And finally, side by side.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They look very blue in that picture too due to the flash. At night they almost perfectly match the HID headlights. My only complaint is, my foglights never seem to be on while driving. In fact, the only time I ever see them on is when I lock the car and all the lights go on. Is there a way to change it so they run along with the halo's for the DRL? And/or get them to run alongside the HID headlights? IT sounds like the only way to do it is to rewire them, but was curious if anyone here knew anything else, maybe a fuse to pull.

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It arrived this morning! Took about an hour and change for me to install from start to finish.

Stock Intake

CAI Intake

Such a nicer looking engine bay! The quality of the workmanship on the intake is fantastic. Didn't notice any real sound differences post install, but the throttle response improvement is definitely noticeable. Now that it's installed though, I see what a huge impediment the washer bottle is. Guess the ADM race scoop and washer bottle relocation is getting added to the list...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It arrived this morning! Took about an hour and change for me to install from start to finish.

Stock Intake

CAI Intake

Such a nicer looking engine bay! The quality of the workmanship on the intake is fantastic. Didn't notice any real sound differences post install, but the throttle response improvement is definitely noticeable. Now that it's installed though, I see what a huge impediment the washer bottle is. Guess the ADM race scoop and washer bottle relocation is getting added to the list...
Very Nice, Really Like the Black Powdercoat...

·
Banned
100 Posts
Looks awesome man!! I love the Black Powder coat look!! Post some pics on our Facebook Page if you get a chance, I know the other members would like to see them, thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Looks awesome man!! I love the Black Powder coat look!! Post some pics on our Facebook Page if you get a chance, I know the other members would like to see them, thanks!!
When did you guys start offering the Black Powder Coat? What's the Price Difference?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Wow both the fog lights and CAI look great. I think that pic has finally swayed me, I'm definitely going with the black powder coat version.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Note sure when they started offering it, but it's a $50 difference, which is pretty substantial on a $400 intake. I plan on having this car for a long time though, so figured I should get what made me happy. :thumbsup:

Also, an update. I really opened her up this weekend and I must say, while the sound difference from outside the car (at least to me so far) isn't too noticeable, the sound difference in the cabin is amazing. When you put the pedal down, my cabin is full of V8 awesomness now. It's not at a level where its so loud it hurts or is annoying, but it makes me grin like a kid in a candy shop on Christmas. :D and the girlfriend's eyes went like this :eek: the first time post-intake. I definitely recommend this intake, both thumbs up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very nice, I would like to put one on myself. Will this mod require a tune? Whats the deal with the washer bottle? Did u have to relocate it?

·
Banned
100 Posts
Very nice, I would like to put one on myself. Will this mod require a tune? Whats the deal with the washer bottle? Did u have to relocate it?
No tune required. You will se a 14 HP gain to the wheels on a stock V8. You do not have to relocate the washer bottle, some choose to do the ADM scoop though in which case they move the washer bottle. As the other member posted, sound at idle is about the same, you will definitley hear a sound improvement at WOT. :5go:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts