Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Just give us something that sounds clear.

I plan on listening to the engine most of the time but some nice tunes on long runs will be nice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So how important is sound performance for you guys?

How would you prioritize these items:

a) Audio Performance
b) Engine Sound in the cabin
c) Interior Styling
d) HVAC Performance

for me its:
1. Interior Styling
2. Engine Sound in the cabin
3. Audio Performance
4. HVAC Performance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Camaro Audio System?

I haven't heard to much about this, but I was curious to know what the new audio system will be in the Camaro? How many watts? Will there be a sub...the Ford Shelby GT500 has a 1000W dual subwoofer system which is pretty kick @ss. Anyone hear anything?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't heard to much about this, but I was curious to know what the new audio system will be in the Camaro? How many watts? Will there be a sub...the Ford Shelby GT500 has a 1000W dual subwoofer system which is pretty kick @ss. Anyone hear anything?
I am not really any longer into the whole car stereo thing anymore, so i just want something that gives me the ability to hook up my iPod without an FM transmitter and doesn't sound like crap at a decent sound level.

However, my experience back in my car audio days was that you don't buy an upgraded car stereo option. If you are into car audio enough to care about the stereo, you are probably better off taking the $1,300 that the Shaker 1000 option costs you and go buy an aftermarket system.... dunno, that is just my $.02

·
Registered
742 Posts
and i'd have to agree with ur .02 cents. but i dont care too much bout sound. i want something i-pod capable and just sounds nice. which im sure it will...

·
Registered
863 Posts
So how important is sound performance for you guys?

How would you prioritize these items:

a) Audio Performance
b) Engine Sound in the cabin
c) Interior Styling
d) HVAC Performance

for me its:
1. Interior Styling
2. Engine Sound in the cabin
3. Audio Performance
4. HVAC Performance
I guess you don't live in the South? HVAC performance is critical if you want people that live where it gets HOT in the summer to buy your cars.

Stereos can be upgraded a lot easier than any of those other items. I would say that as long as the stereo is on par with other offerings in this niche, then focus on the other things.

My list would be:

1. interior styling
tied-2. engine sound in cabin
tied-2. HVAC
4. Audio

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I want

I don't care about the "wattage" - usually a standard stereo system is fine for me but I'm going in a new direction - after almost buying a Dodge Nitro last fall, the main thing I want to see in the stereo is a "hard drive" where I can download my music INSTEAD of plugging an MP3 Player or putting cd's in constantly. The one in the Nitro was nice & they are only bound to get bigger (4 gig, 10 gig, 20 gig) very quickly so all auto makers should start installing them instead of CD/cassette combo units!

I like the interior styling first & foremost so that's gotta be prime!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
The ability to download your favorite tunes to your car is a good idea. I remember doing a report for school a few years back and mentioned the possibilities. It's good to see that it has finally become a marketable reality.

Make songs available to download to your radio through Onstar. Now that will be FTMFW. ( for the marketing/financial win) ;)

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
A CD system that cranks descent is good enough for me, I would like the sub option like the cobalt in the trunk. At this point I'm sure the radio is going to be something like a 6 disc in dash.

·
Registered
637 Posts
seems like the consensus is that sound performance isn't high on the priorities
Not for the money that Chevy will charge for a premium sound system. :eek: It was said before if you are that into car stereo to care you will go aftermarket anyway.

Just put in a quality system with thte capability to be upgraded. The ability to add a hard drive in the future would be nice but not that big of deal as long a I can get my Sirius in the car I am set!!!:roxor:

·
Registered
455 Posts
..... Ill be putting two 10' crisp sound with alot of thump ....right now i have two 12' and its way too much....i think im messed my ears up :( lol but ya i really would like to see a hard-drive in there...that would b sweet!

·
Registered
83 Posts
the stock factory can be plain, but after im finish it will be load and clean in performance and looks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I hope

it is not the same Bose System that came with our 06/C6. It's noise cancellation system is a POS!!! Instead of adjusting volume like in our 2000 SS it seems to quiet the sound. There have been mucho complaints on the Corvette Forum.
:BangHead:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I would actually agree with that opinion on the C6 audio system.
In my dad's 06 Corvette, I find it lacking.

I'll have to see what factory audio options become available for Camaro.
If the cost is too high to upgrade or I don't like the components, I'll just upgrade it myself. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
im going to gut out the audio when i get te car. going to put all Pure Audio speakes/subs (3-way front stage and 2-12''subs) in and custom fiberglass enclosure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts