Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get people who have seen it to give their impressions of the concept. I would like to hear more than it’s a beautiful car or the interior needs work etc. What I would like to know are things like does it seem large, small, short, tall things like that. It’s really hard to get a “feel” for the cars actual size from photos.

Looking at my car alone it is very much in proportion to itself but next to other cars its true size is revealed, wide and tall. Looking at my friends ‘98 Z28 alone it’s proportional to itself but next to other cars it is short and narrow. The two of the together is a little on the comical side.

Inside the Z28 seems quite compact yet not crowded (in the front anyway, short of the CC hump). Without the full center stack in the concept does that make it seem larger inside or does it have any bearing on feel.

The lines on the concept work with itself but how do they compare to other cars on the road?

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Sorry about the long post.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Well, in comparison to a 4th Gen:

The Concept is 8 inches shorter, 3 inches wider, 3 inches taller, with a 9 inch longer wheelbase, so the interior is roomier.

It looks visibly short because the belt line of the car is higher than normal.

So overall, it's smaller on the outside, but bigger on the inside. :)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Placing it next to a 02 Camaro (1:24 models closest feel I can get so far) and a 69 its about the same length as the 69 and shorter than the 4th gen. Its also quite a bit wider. And even though the 69 and 02 are both extremely close in scale width the 02 looks like a dart compared to the new one whereas the 69 looks similar. I've modified the heigth on all so I can't give an accurate judgement on it. There also seems to be quite abit more distance in the rear seats than the 02 about 3 to 4 inches as it appears in this scale. It may not be like sitting in the real thing but I can get a good feel building and examining in scale compared to the real thing. When I take the other cars away from the concept, the proportions on it make it appear much smaller than it really is probably based on the extended wheelbase.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would like to get people who have seen it to give their impressions of the concept. I would like to hear more than it’s a beautiful car or the interior needs work etc. What I would like to know are things like does it seem large, small, short, tall things like that. It’s really hard to get a “feel” for the cars actual size from photos.

Looking at my car alone it is very much in proportion to itself but next to other cars its true size is revealed, wide and tall. Looking at my friends ‘98 Z28 alone it’s proportional to itself but next to other cars it is short and narrow. The two of the together is a little on the comical side.

Inside the Z28 seems quite compact yet not crowded (in the front anyway, short of the CC hump). Without the full center stack in the concept does that make it seem larger inside or does it have any bearing on feel.

The lines on the concept work with itself but how do they compare to other cars on the road?

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Sorry about the long post.
I am planning on going to the DC Autoshow. And the Camaro is SUPPOSED to be there. If I can a chance to get close to it.I will try and give you as an objective comment as I can.

·
8,984 Posts
I am planning on going to the DC Autoshow. And the Camaro is SUPPOSED to be there. If I can a chance to get close to it.I will try and give you as an objective comment as I can.

Same here, when I go to the Houston show THIS SATURDAY!

Yeah BABY!

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Well, in comparison to a 4th Gen:

The Concept is 8 inches shorter, 3 inches wider, 3 inches taller, with a 9 inch longer wheelbase, so the interior is roomier.

It looks visibly short because the belt line of the car is higher than normal.

So overall, it's smaller on the outside, but bigger on the inside. :)

Yup my thoughts exactly!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok. I got to see the car up close. And its definitely a homerun out of this park.

The edge"y" ness of the car is definitely cool. The only way I can describe it is (excuse me for our lady members) the first time I saw a girl in Playboy...and the first time I rode in a hot rod car all at the same time. It was one massive emotion and that emotion was "LUST". My wife said "We are getting one of those right?!!?!?!?" I smiled and said Yes we are!

It was a feeling that I can only imagine that the second you own it, you are immediately thinking how good it feels around you.

·
8,984 Posts
Yeah, I went yesterday, posted in the media section.

I took 175ish pictures in almost 2 hours. I am sorting, naming and hosting them as we type.

It is very precise, that is all I can say at this point.

·
8,984 Posts
....OH one more thing...Dshane, I even took a picture of the NEW SuperBee for ya........:eek: poor thing is still ugly, fat, 4 doored and slow, no matter how many stickers you put on it!:rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

in yellow....of course:ricesmiley:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I was fortunate enough to see it on the Power Tour. The stance and overall proportions are just phenomenal. The wheels and tires had an aggressive, road hugging look to them, but I'm not sure if production wheels will be that big. I loved the interior and the dash layout. The push-flip exterior door handles were really slick too -- I doubt they'll make production, but I'd love it if they did. From the front, it's mean. Real mean. And the rear had a "I just ate your POS for lunch" look to it too.

To some it all up in one word, I think Doug 97SS hit the nail on the head -- LUST. My coworker and I were only able to make it to the Harrisburg stop of the Tour and from the time they pulled it out of the truck to the time we left, I know we went back for more pics 4 if not 5 times.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
....OH one more thing...Dshane, I even took a picture of the NEW SuperBee for ya........:eek: poor thing is still ugly, fat, 4 doored and slow, no matter how many stickers you put on it!:rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

in yellow....of course:ricesmiley:
Hey good lookin out man! :roxor:
Rice!?:BangHead: Oh here we go! Keep lookin at that 'Bee it'll grow on ya! ;)

·
8,984 Posts
Well I thought of you when I saw it so I popped a picture!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts