·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
doesnt look like it would be a quick or easy shifter. i like my hand on top instead of the side of the shifter.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
what the heck were they thinking? it looks like a shoe-horn.:p:lol:

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well the kit I baught aftermarket comes with an extra upper stick so you could mount the stock ball back on if you choose. The hurst really does shorten the throw. Check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gnqfa7EWYw

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i have the hurst. its a great shifter. you just have to change out the upper part of the shifter depending on which ball you want to use.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Exactly.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I thought the stock shifter was decent too...until I got the hurst. It's not perfect, it does transmit some noise and there's some play (side to side) when it's in gear...but it's better than stock...it shifts great.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Heck yea. I was kinda wondering about that play. Did you install every piece of the dampening kit?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I only ask because I had noise at first then I installed the dampening kit and it went away.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
How did you get the ball that color. I would love to get an orange ball for my Hurst but I can't locate one.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
How did you get the ball that color. I would love to get an orange ball for my Hurst but I can't locate one.
check out the barton site...I'm pretty sure their knobs are the same threads as the hurst.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks for the infor. Barton has nothing I can find in an orange/black color combo but I did run accross this site.

www.flameball.com

They have alot of options for knobs and they custom make them so you tell thm what your thread size is and they do it. If you don't know you can just give them the Make, Model and year of your car and they will get it done that way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts