Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would tell my story of early frustration trying to order a Camaro and then finally having success in obtaining the car. I initially ordered a Camaro on May 23rd in the Denver Metro area. I learned after I ordered the car, that dealers in Denver would order a Camaro at MSRP but had few or no allocations. Dealers that had allocations wanted $8,000 to $10,000 above MSRP. In mid July I wrote on this Forum if anyone was having as much trouble as I was in getting an allocation. Ron Ignelzi and Tom Thompson at MacMulkin Chev in New Hampshire (a sponsor on the Forum) wrote back to me indicating there was an allocation for the month of August. I managed in getting my deposit back from the Denver dealer (not without burning bridges) and was able to order a 2SS/RS 6 spd manual with SIM on July 23rd. The car was built Sept 3rd and delivered to Nashua, NH on Sept 15th. My wife and I flew back to New Hampshire on Sept 21st and drove the car back to Denver (about 2300 miles with a tour through New Hampshire and Vermont). We had a great trip home.

Bottom line, if you are having trouble getting your car, the sponsors on this forum can help you. I was able to get a GM supplier discount plus an additional $500 off for voiding the GM 60 day trial period. The discounts would never have happened in Denver. My original order in Denver put me at 12th in the waiting list with an additional 20 behind me. The dealer was getting one allocation a month in mid summer (do the math). Some dealers get allocations and some don't. That won't stop dealerships from taking your deposit without disclosing to you that you will be waiting for months. In my case, I believe I would have waited until late spring next year.

I have only seen 6 Camaros in Colorado prior to my purchase. They certainly are a rare commodity in the Rockies. If you want a car and you share my same barriers to getting one, consider going out of state to purchase one. My purchase was the easiest and smoothest car transaction I have ever had and it was all done on the internet and over the phone.

I hope this note will give hope to those of you still waiting. The car is a fun ride.

camaro 5th.jpg

camaro NH .jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
Congrats. I'm another Coloradoan who had to go out of state in order to find a dealer that was reasonable.

I've seen about 5 or 6 other 2010's around, still not many.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Hell yea man. Any wait is worth it for this car. Glad to hear you're lovin it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Happy to hear you found a respectable dealer that treated you well, with almost 60,000 Camaros built so far I just don't know how anybody can expect to charge customers more than msrp.. Just wait until the drop top comes out next year and the "market adjustment" people will have dollar signs
for eyeballs!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
:bowtie_gold:Congrats Jim! Great story! I love my new Camaro too! Great minds think alike I see.(silver, LOL) That silver ice metallic caught my eye too! Have fun,and be safe! Anthony Byram :thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great to hear that you found your Camaro without the hassle. I have seen more than 16 new Camaros move through our dealership in Southwest Nebraska since May and have more on order, and also have open allocations.

I do have two Callaway Camaro's sold and heading towards Callaway Cars in Conneticut. If you're interested in making your Camaro into a Callaway Camaro please let me know. E-mail [email protected]

Watch for continuous updates or visit Harchelroad Motors, Inc. on Facebook.

Dillon H

1 - 12 of 12 Posts