Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 45th Anniversary SS and have been driving for about a week now. I have owned trucks for the last 15 years so its been an adjustment but love the car. I have notice a slight Harmonic Vibration in the gas pedal around 70 MPH & 2K RPM and was wondering if this is normal in these cars. My diesel had vibrations but did not know if this was normal in the camaro.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
welcome to the forum from the old world

and congrats... 45th C5 is a great car

concerning your question (70 mph / 2k rpm):
have u got an LS3 or L99

the LS3 is quite coarse and feels pretty unrefined compared to a HEMI for instance

but i guess it is meant to feel that way

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Welcome from the "View", I have not noticed and vibration in mine..

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
2012 Camaro purchased last month. Noticed the driver's seat motor makes considerable more noise when adjusting than passenger seat.
Anybody experience same?

Robert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Solo, welcome to 5th Gen! I've only had my 2011 2LT-RS for just over 2 months now and I have also noticed a slight vibration but at a slower speed than you. Mine is noticeable at around 45 mph and 2K rpm. Kinda feels like riding over the rumble strips in the road but not nearly as bad.

I'm scheduled to visit the dealer in a couple of weeks and it is on my list to discuss with them It doesn't affect the driving of the car at all, but it is strange.

Again, welcome to the 5th Gen! Great car you have!

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Congrats & Welcome :5go:

Vibration in the gas pedal, hmmmm. Does it do it all the time at 70mph? If it does it all the time, bring it up to the service writer at the dealership and have them go with you on a test drive so they can experience it for themselves and then fix the issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts