Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this at LS1tech (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946914)

Forgot I had an account on here, figured I'd copy/paste a post I made on another forum a couple weeks back....

Was heading to Meijer to pick up some groceries and I saw a bunch of cars crammed into the gas station. At first glance I thought it was a bunch of the new Challengers but then I recognized what they were.... new Camaros!

So I whipped the lil Honda over there to snap some pics for you guys!

They looked very good in person, didn't talk to any of the guys though because I was in awe :lol:

They were in a group of about 8 or 9 cars, 6 of them were Camaros one of which was red that I didn't get a pic of. There was also a G37 (I think) and some sort of new 4 door Chevy (red car in front of black Camaro at the pump) that I've never seen before.

This was at around 3:40 and if they were coming from Michigan (which I suppose from the plates) I'd say they are on their way towards Indy on I-70

As I pulled up and whipped out my phone I heard one guy say to the other... "weren't you just talking about this!" :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Sweet. I like that pic of all the Camaro's together.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I don't like the lights, just like everyone else. But you know, I want more more more. Options, colours, PRICES! It sucks that I may still not be able to afford one when I get out of the Army. Even though I am saving so much money, and am good with money, but I must go to school. The sink or swim time will not end when I leave the Army. But yeah, one of the few things I want in life is a new Camaro. The cars are lookin' great so far!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
those are some good shots! thanks for sharing... i rarely go to LS1tech these days so i would've missed those.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those are some good shots! thanks for sharing... i rarely go to LS1tech these days so i would've missed those.
It's becoming more and more "juvenile". It was the site for LS1 powered vehicles, but now has dwindled to a teenage smack-talking fest. It happens to all the great sites after the cars become more and more affordable. I hope 5thgen.org can turn into what LS1tech used to be.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
It's becoming more and more "juvenile". It was the site for LS1 powered vehicles, but now has dwindled to a teenage smack-talking fest. QUOTE]

and the best part is the moderators ALLOW it.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and the best part is the moderators ALLOW it.
I believe some of it stems from the fact that it's no longer owned by the originators.

They've also got this other site called "Seat Stays Up" which is pretty much a glorified lounge. I believe that they spend a lot more time watching that than they do LS1tech.

This is just my opinion, though. Using the search will yield a ton of great info.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I check the 2010 Camaro forum over there just to see members throw stupid post in about the camaro. Some members over there still believe the LS2 is a possible engine, and still on there soapbox from 1998.

I phone in from time to time to post respond.

·
Registered
83 Posts
WOW I LIKE THE BLACK ONE

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
In the small picture of the 4, and it could be the angle, but the white one in back looks like it has deeper dish, wider rear wheels & tires and it looks to sit just a bit lower than the black one next to it. But like I said it could be that it is at more of an angle

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I had been at that gas station, you would've seen a new Camaro involved in a high speed chase on the evening news....

;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts