Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys;

Long time stalker, first time poster. I've been slowly talking myself into a new Camaro and hope to buy one as soon as the wife signs off.

A buddy of mine told me about the Jalopnik guy's trying to crash the press event and when I emailed them, I was referred to this video. Check it outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuvmlzXDsNs

Up close, the car is as spectacular as I thought.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Well done. I like it when underdogs show up the big boys, even if they brought the competition. It's great to see all 3 together.

Nice find on the video, Craig!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cautiously optimistic...

The car is fantastic inside...better than the Challenger and WAY better than the Mustang inside. Can't wait to see pricing.

So who do you think the buyers will be? 26 year old kids, or people like me, 43 old white guys who couldn't afford a decent 67-69 Camaro back in high school?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
so thats where that one pic came from!!!

thanks for the great post!!

oh and welcome from Houston Texas

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
The car is fantastic inside...better than the Challenger and WAY better than the Mustang inside. Can't wait to see pricing.

So who do you think the buyers will be? 26 year old kids, or people like me, 43 old white guys who couldn't afford a decent 67-69 Camaro back in high school?
Ummmm....well, in 4 years I'll be 43. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
I cant wait to see the SS in Final Form Black with white stripes then it would be a sweet picture of all 3 of em

·
Registered
105 Posts
Camaro buyers age

I will be 55 yrs young if I have one by June 09. Had a '70 Z/28..not new, second hand.....I painted it ''1970 burnt orange'' a corvette color. I think...no stirpes . looked sharp. will look for pics ...wow, where are they?
Mike;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hah. Wow. Chevrolet should be THANKING these guys instead of telling them off. They grabbed one of the now-most famous pictures on the internet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's what I thought...there's more to the story. Apparently, the GM guy LIT into the host on camera, then GM called the host and asked them not to show that part. They should be thankful for the press, and that PR guy should be fired.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
And they should be lucky that the host DIDN'T post that, because that's every journalists dream, having a video that shows a pissed off PR guy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts