Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this today. I know its a holden in a chevrolet version like the middle eastearn Lumina SS and like the G8, but this car is in the US with Michigan plates. I think it is the Lumina SS in the US. Are they thinking about selling this car in the US?
Could it be the next Impala or could this be coming to the US as a Lumina or something else? Or maybe its just not coming at all? I don't know

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2009-chevrolet-impala-ss-or-not-emerging-market-muscle-278311.php

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I like everything but the tail panel. The tail lamps look a little too small or something.

Oh, and I'm definately going to say that's the Impala logo behind that tape:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As OctaneZ28 pointed out in another thread this middle eastern Caprice SS seems to have an Impala emblem on the back.

Caprice SS

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one in the first post also could be just a middle eastern Lumina SS that someone imported to the US, but why the tape over the chevy emblem and in Michigan.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I never noticed the man. plate:D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Wow mikey likes!!

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
Reminds me of the new Pontiac G8 and Holden Commodore. It'd be nice if the Impala were on a similar/same platform, I could add it to the super-short list of American cars I approve of. :D

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reminds me of the new Pontiac G8 and Holden Commodore. It'd be nice if the Impala were on a similar/same platform, I could add it to the super-short list of American cars I approve of. :D
It is the same as the Pontiac G8, Holden Commodore, and arab Chevrolet Lumina also it has the same engine

·
Registered
83 Posts
that is really nice, i think i found the wife a new car........
i wonder whats under the hood

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Chevy will be getting a reskin of the G8 or the slightly longer wheel base version. Should be coming soon after the G8 starts hitting the show room or by the next model year I would project.

Either way it will be a nice looking car.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
It is the same as the Pontiac G8, Holden Commodore, and arab Chevrolet Lumina also it has the same engine
Okay, so the same egine, how about the rest of the functional parts (suspension, drivetrain, transmission, etc.)?

If it's effectively the same car, it should earn some of the respect its lost over the year.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the one in the first pics are a differnt version of the G8. I think they even have the same headlights. This may or may not have anything to do with a new Chevrolet in the US. Like USA1 said the Chevrolet version of the G8 Could be a reskin and could be longer so they are not so close to the same car.

·
2,774 Posts
I remember I think it was Scott who said it that this car is not going to be here in the U.S.

This is not our Impala..

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe a G8 mule?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts