Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was reading that yesterday. $57,500 for a new DeLorean. Reinforced body, under carriage and more power. Man, if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd have my own, brand new time machine. :D Nothing like reliving the '80s for going back in time.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
That's ridiculous. They're cool for their "retro"-ness, but other than that, these were useless overpriced cars back then, and they're useless overpriced cars now.

Speaking of Deloreans, has anyone seen that commercial where the woman walks into an office building with a yellow suit that has some monster shoulder pads and the security guard "accidentally" says "Where'd you park the Delorean." Freakin hilarious.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Hey man, don't diss deloreans. US laws restricted them to useless cars back in the day. They were originally meant to be sold for $12,000..with a 170hp engine and solid sport suspension. They were also one of the first cars with a form of fuel injection. Restrictive US automotive laws at the time made the price jump to like $25,000...emissions requirements killed the engine to 130hp..and ride height requirement killed the solid sport suspension.
They're works of art and the symbol of the American dream. What a guy can do with a dream..until the US gov't arrests him for drug trafficking. And despite them originally being produced in Ireland.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hmm interesting I'd like to see what knd of "updating" they do to it. Would have definately looked better lowered down. I'd imagine they'd be fun with about 300 hp, even more fun with more hp.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Before they updated the website(downdated it really, it used to be a lot better..with wallpapers and the such) they had a comparison photo of their "performance" suspension..which puts it at the proper height..and the stock suspension. It looks a lot better at the ride height it was suppost to be.
The delorean company is against heavily modifying the original engines..turbos and the like. They also like keeping the original Bosch fuel injectors. Their current "high performance" option upgrades the sparkplugs, cables, exhaust, and a few other things. Some guy spent several thousands of dollars to put a Northstar V8 into his Delorean.
Well..the wallpapers are back..here's a rough comparison.
Stock suspension:

I believe this is the proper suspension:

When it was tested in Ireland, it was shown to have an awesome ride and incredible control.
My only gripe about the car is the small mini-windows that roll down, since the entire window is too big to go into the door..would make going through the drivethrough rather difficult.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
would make going through the drivethrough rather difficult.
You need to stop going through drive-throughs and start eating better. :D

But ****, that's a cool-looking car. Back to the Future memories from my childhood are gonna' haunt me now.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
No car from my childhood memories will ever top KITT, however, the Delorean is one of my tops, but unlike KITT, to me a Delorean HAS to have a Mr. Fusion attached to it. LOL

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
You need to stop going through drive-throughs and start eating better. :D

But ****, that's a cool-looking car. Back to the Future memories from my childhood are gonna' haunt me now.
Imagine with some more under-the-hood work. Making that little 2.8l rear-mounted V6 scream. Nothing major, but just more tinkering. Maybe in the mid 200's..now that would be sweet.

One of the things I LOVE about the DeLorean...not having to worry about scratching your paint! :D
I also love the interior layout..very simplistic yet awesome. And ample storage space behind the 2 seats.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Imagine with some more under-the-hood work. Making that little 2.8l rear-mounted V6 scream. Nothing major, but just more tinkering. Maybe in the mid 200's..now that would be sweet.

One of the things I LOVE about the DeLorean...not having to worry about scratching your paint! :D
LOL Ever had a stainless steel appliance? Trust me, paint is better. You CANNOT keep stainless steel looking good. It's almost impossible.

·
2,774 Posts
would be nice if they did some updating..

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
They do update it, sort of. When they were doing the rebuilds, they would strip it down to the frame, then build it back up from the ground up. All new wiring, old stuff replaced with new when it was available and correct. They offer a 120mph speedo..but it's like $300(they price gouge a bit). They also offer heated seats, Xenon-boosted headlights...headed/cooled seats...a lot of stuff.
I'm glad they're not changing the look, cause that would jump the price up even more, plus I love the look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts