Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showstopper Accessories has just released our hydocarbon fiber engine compartment covers. The covers consist of our fuse box cover, master cylinder cover, and ABS cover. Each cover will sell for $64.99, but if you are a member contact me for a discount. Additional matching covers will soon be released, so keep your eye out.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Showstopper Accessories has just released our hydocarbon fiber engine compartment covers. The covers consist of our fuse box cover, master cylinder cover, and ABS cover. Each cover will sell for $64.99, but if you are a member contact me for a discount. Additional matching covers will soon be released, so keep your eye out.
Any particular reason why you call it "hydrocarbon" fiber? Almost all plastics are made from hydrocarbon-based polymers. I assume that means it's some kind of plastic.

·
8,984 Posts
Is it possible that it is "carbonfiber" over plastic? Or is it a simulated carbonfiber.

They look great regardless!

·
8,984 Posts
Or an optical illusion?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
A CAI made out of excrement....now that's an idea. You could weave it other animal excfrement for more of a hybrid material!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any particular reason why you call it "hydrocarbon" fiber? Almost all plastics are made from hydrocarbon-based polymers. I assume that means it's some kind of plastic.
The process of making it look like carbon fiber is called hydrographix. It is called hydrocarbon in the industry. It has nothing to do with platic at all. It is a fairly new process, and the response to it is quite well.

·
8,984 Posts
SO it is a sticker?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts