Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
according to fed ex my New Era Performance otr is out for delivery today but do to friggin work i probably wont be able to intall till tomorrow morning lol Ill keep you guys updated with my thoughts. I really wanted to wait till vararam released thiers to get a good comp but what can I say... after 6 months of waiting for my car im sick of waiting and the intro sale helped a bit too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its installed with little to no problem, took less then an hour. Unfortunately we are experiencing some thunderstorms at the moment and I will not be taking it out :0). The peddle feels more responsive even at idle and there is now a nice whooomphh sound when you goose the throttle as the intake sucks in the air. Hopefully the weather will improve and I will be able to take it out before work tomorrow.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks very nice, have you had a chance to drive it yet. Is it tuned? Just curious if has thrown a check engine light or not.

The car is completly stock besides the intake, no tune. I had the car running for about ten minutes letting it warm up fully and reving it a few times, no engine light at all but no actual drivig yet due to weather. If i dont pull a double I'll probably takE it to work and check/feel it out fully

·
Registered
24 Posts
That looks sweet!

·
8,984 Posts
What is your hesitation on driving in the rain?

The water would have to be REAL high to get enough water in the intake to cause the engine to lock.

Now, if you are not driving the car because you don't want to get rain on it I TOTALLY understand! :lol:

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is your hesitation on driving in the rain?

The water would have to be REAL high to get enough water in the intake to cause the engine to lock.

Now, if you are not driving the car because you don't want to get rain on it I TOTALLY understand! :lol:
Ya, I'm not worried about the intake at all. The car has yet to see rain sense I have had it and I guess I'd like to keep it that way for now. I took it out today and I'm very happy with the increase of throttle response, and a noticable difference in acceleration. The engine has a deeper tone to it when reving and accelerating. I had a hard time not going 60 in 45 today drivig like I normally do, car deff seems to have more pep. I plan on gettin some 0 to 60 times one the way home.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found my on answer at newera's site, can't wait to hear about your result's. Thinking about installing that unit on my car, it looks cool too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Where is the filter?? Looks good, and cost??? Thanks for the pictures. I've been looking for an CAI and there are so many it's hard to make a choice.

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well take the results with a grain of salt because they are off of my pocket dyno app on my iphone, although I ran three runs and they were all fairly close. I some how managed to delete my baseline results or just not save them... I guess i need an assistant while driving and trying to run the app lol but the result for the 0-60 was 5.15 I remember as it was a little higher then I had hoped for. Here is the last run I made and was the highest, the lowest was 4.68 but once again I must have had a moment and not saved it Im just going to blame the phone. I plan on running a few more tomorrow and will post those as well. anyways here are the results with just me in the car, I looked down and was going 88 and that is where I got off the throttle guess I should have stuck it out a little longer to get the 1/4 mile time but didnt want to get too crazy.

·
8,984 Posts
I hope that is not right, by the looks of the 1/8 mile....we are talking a 14s 1/4 miles.

There will be a CAI comparison happening fairly soon!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I hope that is not right, by the looks of the 1/8 mile....we are talking a 14s 1/4 miles.

There will be a CAI comparison happening fairly soon!
actually more like a 13.49 but still not as low as I would like, I im going to go out and try a few diff lunch configs see if i can cut it down. Im still not sure how accurate the pocket dyno on the iphone actually is though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Still that isn't too bad considering the weight of the car, automatic tranny, and 26 less hp. Good job. Can't wait to see some more pulls.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts