Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im getting the bug.....im thinking about getting rid of the hummer for something a little more sporty when im not driving the camaro. does GM have anything coming out in the future worth holding out for along the lines of a sporty SUV? I have a few candidates in my head of what i like, and my wife hates, but their all foreign. Has american car brands killed the sporty SUV?
heres some i was concidering:
Porsche Cayenne

Audi Q7

Range Rover Evoque

Land Rover sport

The only american made "sporty" suv i was thinking of is the new dodge durango R/T

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
They all need to reboot and try again on designs. There is always the KIA.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
**** that range rover looks freaking awsome!!!!

that would be my pick out of the ones that you posted

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cool thing about that range is that it comes in 2 or 4 door. Its a 4cylinder turbo charged awd. Not sure how it performs. It isn't out til November.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do like that jeep. is dodge making the durango in the srt? but like i said, my wife hates every single suv that i like. i think she just doesnt want me to get rid of the hummer. she likes driving it in the winter. she really hates the jeep. not sure why. but i think its because my sister has one.
i think that new range is a totally new thing, not based on any previous platforms. and i know for sure the range rover sport has nothing in common with the fords. ford wishes they were more like the range.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, me personally, I don't trust Rovers 'cause I hear many nitemares about em service and repair wise. So for me, I would seriously consider the Porsche and if that's too pricey, then the Durango or wait for that Jeep. Just my 2cents!

Bill

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the porsche is pricey, but im probably not buying new....unless its under my budget. so i would be looking at a 2008-2011 porsche cayenne. probably not the s (v8) or the turbo. so a newer v6 with low miles.
nice thing about the durango...fully loaded new rt is about 36k.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
i do like that jeep. is dodge making the durango in the srt? but like i said, my wife hates every single suv that i like. i think she just doesnt want me to get rid of the hummer. she likes driving it in the winter. she really hates the jeep. not sure why. but i think its because my sister has one.
i think that new range is a totally new thing, not based on any previous platforms. and i know for sure the range rover sport has nothing in common with the fords. ford wishes they were more like the range.
They haven't announced if they will or not..but with the Cherokee being one then probably not.

Since it IS the Cherokee they'll probably still make it 4WD..which would make a piece of cake in the winter.

I've seen Cayennes around here...they're pretty 'ehhhhhhh' looks wise in person.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the last srt was awd. So i imagine.this one would be. The durango comes rwd or awd. So i wonder if they would offer it in rwd too? Id still rather have awd.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im a fan of porsche designing. Alot of people don't like the panama or cayenne but i love the way they look. Especially the new ones.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I was looking for the same thing...I ended up buying a used Trailblazer SS, because I don't like GM's current SUV lineup....no "sporty" options at all. At the very least they should bring back the equinox sport and drop a turbo'd V6 in it...but honestly, I really think both the equinox and traverse are pretty ugly. The Acadia is OK, but a little too "soccer-mom"....I guess you could buy a tahoe and make it more sporty, but that's a bit out of my price-range.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought about doing a tahoe or Yukon and dropping it a bit and stiffening up the suspension, but I've had all gms large suv and done that to my old escalate. Im just ready for a change. Gms suvs are he same as they have been for years. I've had Tahoe escalade and he hummer. Im tired of the large suv i think. I love the hummer. Just wishing could ha e both. Gms does need to hop on this sport suv thing. Their current lineup is very....bland. Even a tahoe ss would be bad ass. Or escalade v.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I was looking for the same thing...I ended up buying a used Trailblazer SS, because I don't like GM's current SUV lineup....no "sporty" options at all. At the very least they should bring back the equinox sport and drop a turbo'd V6 in it...but honestly, I really think both the equinox and traverse are pretty ugly. The Acadia is OK, but a little too "soccer-mom"....I guess you could buy a tahoe and make it more sporty, but that's a bit out of my price-range.
The biggest problem with GM's current SUVs is that any of them outside the Denali or Escalade has a 5.3L V8 as its only engine. So they're slow as frozen snail piss.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
are you F'ing kidding me?
and......this is why threads get shut down so quickly...not even a god [email protected] informative or helpful post.
Ease up there buddy. I would think someone who put the Dodge Durango in the same class as those other SUVs would have a sense of humor :D

Let's ease off the caffeine :cool:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah i made this post about "sport" suvs. Not foreign turds. The kia ? Really? After seeing what i was looking at you recommend the kia? Sounds like the salesman i met who recommended the huyundai genesis to my grandma after i told him we were jag, Benz, and audi shopping

1 - 20 of 33 Posts