Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Kevin... wait, this sounds familiar. I posted something in the general section without looking here. Huh. I'm from NY.

Anyway, I've grown up mostly with Japanese cars. (I'm not a ricer...) My first car was a 1990 Lexus LS 400... so I guess I kinda have some experience with a v8... (sorta). Anyway, so... hmmm. I always thought that Americans have gotten lax in terms of developing efficient v8s and that the Aussies were only ones that we trying to modernize the v8. Apparently I was wrong.

I currently drive a Subaru Impreza WRX and while it's fun and corners very well, I'm interested in some bonecrushing torque as well. I currently have about 220 wtq in my Subie, which seems like nothing compared to a stock 350 small block from the 70s... like my friend drives. (Of course, the car weighs 3 tons so acceleration is a bit stymied...)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Is the subie stock or got any mods? They can be fun and fierce when modded.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm more awake now. Heh.

My Subie is stage 2, with a downpipe and resonated catback. I have no plans for any other mods atm because I want to save up. This is currently my daily driver to go between work, school, and home.

My Subie club friends say that the exhaust note is sick. I find myself straddling the fine line between illegal and legal on open highways...

I'm not into the whininess and ricey-ness of those inline 4s when modded... I've always liked the boxer rumble and with this new exhaust, it's like falling in love again. It's not as panty-dropping as a good v8 sound, but it'll do.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Welcome to the site. Where in NY are you from?

The WRX is a cool daily driver...I test drove 1 last year...drove nice, just too small for me....they're definitely not made for tall people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts