Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,just joined this forum.i am waiting impatiently for the new camaro but i am a bit dissapointed by the weight of the new car and the independent rear end.thats why i didn't buy a gto.I have a 1996 formula ram air firebird,since new with 145,000 miles with a lt4 cam and long tubes that runs [email protected] at maple grove and a 2002 firehawk 110,000 miles dead stock that runs12.90'[email protected],traction limited on both cars.I hope the new camaro runs a lot better than the published numbers.The advertised gas mileage seems a bit low also.I get 18/26 with the firehawk and 16/28 with the formula.with fuel managment and cylinder deactivation i think the camaro should be a lot better on gas than 12&7 year old technology.both my cars are automatics.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY. Glad you could join us firehawk952. The advertised mileage for the Camaro is from EPA testing. Real world numbers will undoubtedly yield better numbers. Those are impressive times from your 4th gen Pontiacs, but I think we'll be doing a tad better with the new Camaros.;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :hello:
I also have a couple of "old" 4th gens. ;)
What I would give for your DA where you live.
Even my stock '98 would be in the low 13's, and my big dawg 427 might be running mid tens? Must be nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts