Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New member here just picked up a Black 2010 2SS/RS, A6, sunroof. Love the car so far. I get a lot of looks and comments from people.

Anyways, my last vehicle was a 2002 silverado that was modded as hell! Lift kit, wheels, tires, tune, exhaust, intake, etc. So modding is in my nature.

On my camaro i would like to do a cold air intake, and a nice throaty (not annoying) exhaust system (borla s-type or touring). But i hear that exhaust with the L99 engines and AFM sounds crappy. So i have been looking around for an easy way to remove AFM. and i think i found one. The diablo sport predator hand held seems to be pretty popular and is a good bang for your buck.

My only question is, when using the diablo sport, can i return the computer back to stock if i needed to have warranty work done on my vehicle. Because i hear that the dealers are getting pretty hardcore with voiding warranties on vehicles with tunes. And i opted for an extended bumper to bumper warranty for an extra 600 bucks. So i am covered for 5 years / 50,000 miles. Not bad if you ask me, but i want to make sure i dont void that warranty.

Anyways, here are some quick shots of my new car the day i brough her home.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
welcome.

Lots of differing opinions on warranties and tunes. The diablo can return it back to stock. Even if GM did see the tune, it wouldn't 100% void your warranty...maybe just the drive-train portion.;) but "theoretically", only if the tune caused the parts breakage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I dont want to do any serious mods. Just the usual intake exhaust etc. Bolt ons. But i know that with AFM exhaust is going to sound like crap.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Is that a bridge or a makeshift Inspection Station? :) Nice ride man!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Welcome!! and congrats!! :5go: the diablo is a great way to drop that AFM I just ordered mine on monday hope it comes in today!! I went with cat-back flowmaster and a roto-fab intake-- the AFM is crazy annoying!! Cant wait to get it turned off!!! :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!! and congrats!! :5go: the diablo is a great way to drop that AFM I just ordered mine on monday hope it comes in today!! I went with cat-back flowmaster and a roto-fab intake-- the AFM is crazy annoying!! Cant wait to get it turned off!!! :lol:
The only thing i am worried about with the diablo, is whether or not the dealer can tell i used a tuner. Cuz if i need to take it in for repairs, i dont want to lose my warranty.

Is that a bridge or a makeshift Inspection Station? :) Nice ride man!!
Nah, just a rickety old bridge in this park by my house.

Here are some new pics from today. Got her cleaned up and shining. And i also painted my front bowtie...idk how good i like it...i may need to order a new one and try again....but for now its fine.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i better not show those nice clean pictures to my car. she's going to be very jealous. she hasn't gotten anything but drive through touchless washes for the past month.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Welcome to :5go:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts