Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To 5th Gen

Great looking site. I work at the GM plant in Oshawa that will shortly (12 days) be the new home of the 5th gen Camaro. We are all very proud to be part of this great sports car's heritage. I know with the quality team of workers here that we will be producing a truly great car that will continue to impress the world.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the site! Here you will be like royalty to us working at the Oshawa plant. We hope to hear good things coming out of there, and there's a thread on here discussing how cool it would be to meet up there for the first Camaro rolling off the line. Can we all stay at your house? :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oshawa

Awesome! Welcome to the site! Here you will be like royalty to us working at the Oshawa plant. We hope to hear good things coming out of there, and there's a thread on here discussing how cool it would be to meet up there for the first Camaro rolling off the line. Can we all stay at your house? :D
Thanks , i Know i'm excited to be a part of the Oshawa team and considering we will be on a one shift operation for approx two yrs , i will be able to work on each and every one of the new Camaros. Now thats cool ! Not sure if i have the room for the hundreds of new owners that will be showing up :) We my need to rent the local hockey arena to put everyone up.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks , i Know i'm excited to be a part of the Oshawa team and considering we will be on a one shift operation for approx two yrs , i will be able to work on each and every one of the new Camaros. Now thats cool ! Not sure if i have the room for the hundreds of new owners that will be showing up :) We my need to rent the local hockey arena to put everyone up.
We could do a heritage roll out. All gens of Camaro there to welcome the new one. We'd just camp out in the plant parking lot. Not like a plant that builds cars has to worry about parking anyway. How bad could it be if 1000 Camaro owners camped out at a GM plant.:lol:

BTW, welcome to the site:hello:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
We could do a heritage roll out. All gens of Camaro there to welcome the new one. We'd just camp out in the plant parking lot. Not like a plant that builds cars has to worry about parking anyway. How bad could it be if 1000 Camaro owners camped out at a GM plant.:lol:
Oh wow, that would be AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great looking site. I work at the GM plant in Oshawa that will shortly (12 days) be the new home of the 5th gen Camaro. We are all very proud to be part of this great sports car's heritage. I know with the quality team of workers here that we will be producing a truly great car that will continue to impress the world.
I'm guessing no cameras allowed, right? :cool:

From newb to newb, welcome!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome to the place to be!

What happens in 12 days????!??

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome to the site. It will be interesting to hear any news you can share once production starts.

On a slightly different note, have you ever heard of this old Johnny Cash tune?

·
Registered
742 Posts
welcome man.... glad u decided to join us. just in time for the drawing for free camaro swag :)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Wow sweet! Hopefully they will allow cameras so we can get some sneak peaks. Of course don't try it if ya can't we don't want another ZR1 fiasco. But would be great to get some first hand insight.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry no cameras allowed in the plant. You'll have to be very patient !

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

BTW, welcome to the site:hello:
I'm sure that GM will have soom type of roll out for the first batch of owners. This will be a big P.R day for the plant.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Oshawa timeline

Welcome to the place to be!

What happens in 12 days????!??
This is the game plan : Sometime during the week of the 26th of Nov the last Impala will be built in plant # 1 . This is the new home of the Camaro , after it is shipped out of the bodyshop then construction/demolition will begin of the entire plant. This will continue till sometime in 08 when all new equipment is installed and production will start up for Camaro. The Impala will be built in plant # 2 starting in early 08 (Jan) along with the Buick Lacross. Camaro should be rolling off the end of the line sometime between mid Oct to late Nov 2008. With each passing day the car of your dreams is getting closer to being in your driveway :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the site. It will be interesting to hear any news you can share once production starts.

On a slightly different note, have you ever heard of this old Johnny Cash tune?

Great video . :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts