Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OnStar is expanding on its Stolen Vehicle Assistance services with the announcement of a new technology that will give law enforcement another critical tool to help safely and quickly recover subscribers stolen vehicles. This new technology is called Remote Ignition Block and will allow an OnStar Advisor to send a remote signal to a subscriber's stolen vehicle to prevent the vehicle from restarting once the ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is great, what about them locking the doors where the person that steals the vehicle, once the motor is off, have it go into a lock mode until the police is there to arrest the person? I have a question....back last year when I bought my new 2008 Silverado. I have what I think is a "Crash Cam" on the mirror. On the mirror, there is a oval part that is clear. What is it? I would like to know what it is. Is the Camaro going to have it?

·
Registered
731 Posts
That is great, what about them locking the doors where the person that steals the vehicle, once the motor is off, have it go into a lock mode until the police is there to arrest the person? I have a question....back last year when I bought my new 2008 Silverado. I have what I think is a "Crash Cam" on the mirror. On the mirror, there is a oval part that is clear. What is it? I would like to know what it is. Is the Camaro going to have it?
mind posting a picture of this piece of the mirror?

·
Registered
171 Posts
It could be. I will see if it is in the manual under auto-dimming. I am going to take a pic of it. Then send it to you Camaro Scotty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Auto Dim

It is almost certainly the auto dim light sensor. My Silverado has it and I actually tested it with a flashlight. Besides, if it was a camera, the news media would be covering the privacy advocates going berserk!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Hmmm....If I ever went postal, I do not like the idea of Big Brother being able to shut off my car remotely. :angry:

If you do ever go postal, just steal a non-GM car, leave your Camaro home. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
or how about doing the right thing in life and NOT going postal

well...yeah, there's always that. ;) Just enjoy your new Camaro. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts