Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on Camaro5 but forgot about here. SORRY.

My car has been gone for 3 weeks getting painted, getting the Sinister Hood put on, and getting the SLP spoiler on.

I'm so happy I went with the IOM/CGM combination. Silver was just getting old.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
So did U have the Whole car painted or just the IOM stripes (Good Choice on IOM)??? Looks Great!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I just got the stripes put on, but they recleared it and everything so the CGM is a tiny bit darker than factory.
So U had the Whole Car Re-Clear Coated? Looks great!! I've actually been thinking about having mine Re-Clear Coated..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So U had the Whole Car Re-Clear Coated? Looks great!! I've actually been thinking about having mine Re-Clear Coated..
Whole thing.

I dont know if you should clear yours mainly because of the price of something that isnt totally necessary. Maybe if you paint something on it, but it's your decision.

The factory clearcoat is AWFUL and wont protect from crap, but i dont think it's bad enough to need reclearing for a few thousand dollars.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Looks awesome.. I am thinking about doing the same thing to mine this year... not a fan of the stickers.. would rather have paint and clear over all :)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Whole thing.

I dont know if you should clear yours mainly because of the price of something that isnt totally necessary. Maybe if you paint something on it, but it's your decision.

The factory clearcoat is AWFUL and wont protect from crap, but i dont think it's bad enough to need reclearing for a few thousand dollars.
Well I had a place paint the Hood Spears on which turned out Great but the rest of the hood didn't come out quite as good as it did before the Painted the Spears on, so been thinking of having the hood re-cleared and having the rest of the car done too that way it will all Match... But depends on Price though... Thanks...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts