Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bet that will be fun to clean. What counts is that you like it since it's your car of course. Don't think I will change mind. What you have, it's ok but----- not my cut of tea. Michael in Virginia

·
Registered
21 Posts
Put your bumper grill in.....you will like it.....I installed a heritage Grill 3 weeks ago with a Trex bumper grill & it really looks "mean"!! Oh and I took the bowtie off mine too!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Look at my COTM picture, you will see both grills on mine. And I saw one with black and it looks great as well..

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
77 Posts
i just bought a phantom grille. did you do it yourself or did you have a shop do it? it looks really good tho!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did it myself. Its a fairly easy install. You dont have to do much besides remove the front emblem. There is a youtube video that shows how to install. Its important to mask off the sides so when u slide the grill in and start to tighten it down you dont scratch your bumper up. It took about 1.5 hrs to install from start to finish. It is actually easy to clean. The stock grill was harder to wash.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That the same grill that i have, except I kept my RS emblem on it, with double sided tape.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Phantom grilles are an acquired taste, but I absolutely love the look on the camaro. Has anybody had any legality issues with this grille? I ask this because I had the same style grille on my 01 s10, and I got a $150.00 fine and a fix it ticket because it hides all the front lights. **** cops.. :angry:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Phantom grilles are an acquired taste, but I absolutely love the look on the camaro. Has anybody had any legality issues with this grille? I ask this because I had the same style grille on my 01 s10, and I got a $150.00 fine and a fix it ticket because it hides all the front lights. **** cops.. :angry:
I'm sure they would get you a ticket here in Virginia ... I was looking at some covers that looked like they easily let light through and I almost ordered them thinking in worst case I'd only put them on for show when I knew I would be daylight driving. But I decided to ask the State Police ... no, no how, no way, no time. I didn't really understand why the problem in daylight, but he insisted no. These didn't cover the parking lights.

As for the Phantomgrille, not too bad a look, like Pumpkin says, somewhat acquired, but definitely makes a different look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts