Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
They should offer painted 20", black is good. matching wheels and strips would look awesome.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I could really care less about the stock wheels. I'll admit they look **** good for stock wheels, but I'll be going aftermarket shortly after buying and throwing a set of Torque Thrust II's on it or something similar looking. I want some dish.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like the C6 ZO6 wheels. can anyone photoshop those on a black SS? or a set of black chrome.. that would be killer.:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like the wheels, thing is for me anyways. IF I'm going to change the wheels, I want something "different", something your not gonna see everyday.

I ordered my wheels BACCARAT and my wifes ZYOXX from Tire Discounters. The dude there had never heard of either manufacture. :rolleyes:

the wifes...............

·
Registered
32 Posts
I could really care less about the stock wheels. I'll admit they look **** good for stock wheels, but I'll be going aftermarket shortly after buying and throwing a set of Torque Thrust II's on it or something similar looking. I want some dish.
Unfortunately you're not going to be able to get much dish without the wheels running into the fenders on compression or at a minimum sticking out a bunch. The suspension on these new cars just wasn't designed to be used with negative or even zero offset wheels, and that's what you're going to have to buy if you want "dish". The very positive offset wheels used these days are that way for a reason, to achieve a proper scrub radius (among other things). If you change this by going with wheels that are substantially different from stock offset-wise, you may end up hurting your steering feel and high speed stability.

Of course, you could always keep your positive offset wheels in front, and put some "dished" negative or zero offset wheels in the rear, but I think you'll still run into the problem of them sticking out alot or rubbing when the rear suspension compresses. Not to mention it would probably look just plain goofy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why do so many people like to modify the crap out of cars? I know you like it to look unique but all those mods just take away from the original design. Why not just choose a classy design from the start and save all that extra money you waste in all the unnecessary modifications?

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Why do so many people like to modify the crap out of cars? I know you like it to look unique but all those mods just take away from the original design. Why not just choose a classy design from the start and save all that extra money you waste in all the unnecessary modifications?
People like to personalize their cars...what exactly is wrong with that? If you love a car but see things that could be better, why not improve them yourself?:screwy:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.