Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, #2386 is in Pontiac... I call my dealer about once a week to "check in", but never get any information. So when I called this afternoon, he said it is probably still in Quality because of the "Bumper issue"... I asked what bumper issue, he said it "had to do with a paint issue on the bumper".

As I trust this site to confirm or report this sort of issue, and I do not recall seeing anything about this I thought I would see if any of the GM related people would be able to confirm or deny what he might be talking about.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling he is trying to stall me from calling, even though I only call about once a week, and he never calls me...

Any info that might be available is appreciated.

Thanks....

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I read the thread over there, and yes it does look like it is a valid confirmed issue then... And if what they say is anywhere true, looks like the wait might be longer than I had hoped. I do have my fingers crossed though that they work the cars through QC "oldest first"!!! I know in my business FIFO rules when shipping orders.

Whatever happens, I would prefer NOT to have to take the car back for issues that haven't been corrected, so I will keep a positive attitude, however frustrating and difficult it might be. Thanks to all for the info provided, I truly find out more here than I get from the dealer...

:confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
GM is so full of fail it doesn't make sense. Problem after problem no wonder they are in the position they are in. I have one more payment to make on my 05 GTO and I'm so tired of waiting on this car that has been in QC since it was built and the lack of information, that I'll give them another two weeks for some progress. If I ain't got it by then, well I'm gonna cancel and go back to Porsche, at least I have experience with them having quality cars and good service. This is sad, but this is almost what I come to expect out of an American company now-a-days :(

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
well, this is the first i've heard of this... but i'm happy GM is taking the time to fix it before they let it roll out. i hope it doesn't take to long. got my fingers crossed for ya ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd like to see a QC section so people can see exactly whats in the list so they have a heads up.....if there already is one I missed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts