Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
all i know is when mine comes in i got the supercharger with 10lbs pully and pull exhaust and a **** load of mustangs that think thy hot **** lol

·
2,774 Posts
Drag racing is illegal isn't it?why promote...

Drag racing is done at a legal track or dragstrip.

what is illegal is street racing...

And this is a good example of why there should be clarification on news and papers about what goes on so many times I hear drag racing..no its streetracing..

Dragracing=legal
streetracing=illegal

Reactions: patriotpa

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
No posting on street shenanigans :confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
It always cracks me up to read post by people who have bought high performance sports cars. Then beefed them up with mods only to talk about how terrible it is to drag race on the street.

Its like like being married to Jenna Jameson but practicing abstinence

How pathetic

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It always cracks me up to read post by people who have bought high performance sports cars. Then beefed them up with mods only to talk about how terrible it is to drag race on the street.

Its like like being married to Jenna Jameson but practicing abstinence

How pathetic
I know someone who killed a woman while street racing.
WHO's pathetic?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Drag racing is done at a legal track or dragstrip.

what is illegal is street racing...

And this is a good example of why there should be clarification on news and papers about what goes on so many times I hear drag racing..no its streetracing..

Dragracing=legal
streetracing=illegal

Actually the term "Drag Racing" comes from racing down the Main Drag in town. The streets in the nineteenth century were called Drags because people would drag their wagons through town. Thus the "Main Drag" thus "Drag Racing"

In the 50's when cars got faster and drag racing got bigger they opened up tracks to make money on it. The original street drag racing is pure Americana. Its sad how things have gotten so hypocritical in our society.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know someone who killed a woman while street racing.
WHO's pathetic?
No you don't you're just making it up

Whats the name are where did it happen. I'm sure there is a news story on it

·
Registered
115 Posts
while your Googling you will notice that more people die from debris flying off a legal Drag strip than street drag racing.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It was over 30 years ago. I don't know the name. Now grow up before you kill someone.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Here's one I DO remember....

Late 70's Nathan DeStefano crashed his brand new 'Vette Mommy and Dady bought him and killed himself with it BEFORE his high school graduation.

I went to high school with him in Altoona, PA.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dude just admit you were lying. It won't look as sad as your last post's

Now here is something that did actually happen in 2010, a dragster driven by Antron Brown crashed in Phonix Az and a wheel that flew off killed a woman in the crowd.

Why because those morons are going 340 MPH at about 3.5 seconds. Nascar has restrict or plates to limit injuries, why doesn't the NHRA.

I'm not advocating drag racing in a school zone. But the sad fact is the kids who run up and down deserted streets at 1am are causing fewer injuries than the legal drag strips. Why? Because they are not going down the street at mach 1

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
street racing kills people every year unnecessarly, if your gonna race do it on a track

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
STREET RACING IS ILLEGAL that is all that needs to be said... BubbaHD if you want to talk about it any further send me a PM

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
The split second everything can change. We can try to lend some experience, but back then i would not have listened..Again with the same car...only time has passed, and made me wiser.

I drive the car just as hard , but not in the same places anymore. i hope he gets it.. At 20, i thought 30 was old...i hope his reason is youth...it would then make sense...Funny how i sound like the old geezer now..:eek::eek:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts