Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
not to be a downer or anything, but i am on several other forums, all of which have brought in a rep system and then within a few months got rid of it. these things tend to get out of hand.

one board im on, www.gmfullsize.com, had a rep system and somehow a rep war was started. everyone started making pictures for it, it was humorous, but rep was eventually removed.

the crowd here seems to be older and more mature, however, just saying that my experience with rep systems has been that they dont work the way the are intended

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Hey, what's with the limit to giving rep points to people. Jinx just posted a great post, and because I gave him reps on his photoshops, I couldn't give him reps on the other post? WTF? Why is there a limit to the reps?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I guess to keep from building up your friends rep's you have to give so many other people reps before you can give it to him again....someone feel free to carrect me if I am wrong

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey, what's with the limit to giving rep points to people. Jinx just posted a great post, and because I gave him reps on his photoshops, I couldn't give him reps on the other post? WTF? Why is there a limit to the reps?
It's to limit 'rep padding', or the practice of giving out rep to the same person over and over, too frequently. I believe Octane can change the number of allowable reps before you can give another rep to the same person again. I also gave Jinx rep for his photoshops, but since I gave rep to several other members, I was able to give him another rep for that post.

EDIT: dropped 94 is correct....he also types faster than me.:)

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Thanx for the rep points, even a thanx to the those who couldnt. Im new to the system too. Thanx for clearing that up Jon. Even I didnt know that there was a cushion. :lol:

·
8,984 Posts
Thanks for the Rep Torrent!

21 - 40 of 75 Posts