Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend I got a nice thick groove in my rear passenger rotor. Took it in for service this morning and dropped it off. I watched in horror as the guy who pulled my car up didn't know how to drive a manual very well. Then he parked it next to the garage door where if he'd have opened the door it would have been disaster. Then he kept trying to back it up with the other guys in there laughing at him. It was painful to watch.

Anyway, hopefully they'll have a rotor in stock and get it fixed today. They did however give me a '14 Malibu that's pretty nice but it's front wheel drive. Where's that puke smilie? lol Thing only has 60 miles on it.

Anyone ever had to have a rotor replaced and did they have it in stock or did it take a few days?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Should be in stock

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Speak with the service manager about that yahoo not knowing how to drive manual.
You don't need him learning on YOUR car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've replaced both my front rotors when I put on my second set of replacement pads. Easy job. I ordered them through RockAuto, They got here in a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be in stock
Well, I'm pretty aggravated. They turned the thing and say it was a high spot in the rotor? It's going back. The mark was barely noticable but tonight after bowling it's bad again. I'm not gonna have a brand new car looking like that.

Speak with the service manager about that yahoo not knowing how to drive manual.
You don't need him learning on YOUR car.
That's for sure. Man, I've come to expect more from this dealer but they didn't do a good job at all this time.

I've replaced both my front rotors when I put on my second set of replacement pads. Easy job. I ordered them through RockAuto, They got here in a couple of days.
Too bad I can't do that and bill them. lol Mine's going back and I'm insisting they put a new rotor on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds like you have trash on your pads if it is gouging into the surface. I would have thought they would have checked them for debris when they pulled the rotor before...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Do rotors pull straight off? or is there some process to unclip it? Sorry, I never had rotors on a car I actually worked on, my 71 Nova had drums.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
They should pull straight off the hub. Might need some persuasion though lol.
shoot I went looking for this post so I could adjust it but musta been in the wrong place ... so this is how I was going to adjust ... you have to remove the calipers and bleed the brakes, correct? and isn't that kind of a PITA? I think the answer is yes

·
Registered
334 Posts
shoot I went looking for this post so I could adjust it but musta been in the wrong place ... so this is how I was going to adjust ... you have to remove the calipers and bleed the brakes, correct? and isn't that kind of a PITA? I think the answer is yes
Not really. You will need a second person to do it easily though. The calipers on the camaro are easy to bleed though because the bleeder is right out in the open where you can get to it easily. Some cars hide it behind the caliper. Those are a pain.

·
Registered
222 Posts
maybe they did you a favor by not checking the pads. now you have new pads and rotor instead of new pads and turned rotor. My dealer just fed up. My rotors were shot when I bought the car as new with 895 miles on it. 500 to deliver. They were supposed to replace all 4 but all they did was turn 1 in front. it was the rears that were real bad. I swear this car was used as a drag car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts