Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of pics of my new Forgeline wheels. 9.5" X 20" up front shod with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 275/40's. 11.0" X 20 in back with Conti 315/35's. Tires are less grippy than the P-Zeros, but quieter.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
Very sharp :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
why did you go with continental tires?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I just almost ordered those tires.. i just ordered the new General GMax tires. Continential is making them and they are suppose to last 40,000 miles. :) 230 cheaper from tirerack.com :) Hope you like them.. Nice wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why did you go with continental tires?
I wanted tires with longer treadlife. I didn't want to be mounting and dismounting tires every 12 months. It's wear and tear on the wheels, as well as the balancing and mounting charges--plus the road hazard warranty (I work in an area that frequently has a lot of nails and screws on the pavement--it's only a matter of time before I get one or more flats)

Plus the Continentals are the right size and look to me like they'd be better in the rain than Invo's which were my second choice.

I have Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires in stock sizes mounted on my stock wheels for when the snow really flies. It may take me 2 or 3 years to wear them out, and if the DWS's are almost as good in the snow, I may put them on for winter use and switch the Forgelines to a summer only high performance tire like the P-Zero or Invo.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Looks Good!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
I wanted tires with longer treadlife. I didn't want to be mounting and dismounting tires every 12 months. It's wear and tear on the wheels, as well as the balancing and mounting charges--plus the road hazard warranty (I work in an area that frequently has a lot of nails and screws on the pavement--it's only a matter of time before I get one or more flats)

Plus the Continentals are the right size and look to me like they'd be better in the rain than Invo's which were my second choice.

I have Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires in stock sizes mounted on my stock wheels for when the snow really flies. It may take me 2 or 3 years to wear them out, and if the DWS's are almost as good in the snow, I may put them on for winter use and switch the Forgelines to a summer only high performance tire like the P-Zero or Invo.
Smart Idea :thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts