73 Posts
good work!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
sweet man.. how do you like the ss over the lt??? power wise lol?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Looks like JJ muffler shop on hollywood blvd in FL...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like JJ muffler shop on hollywood blvd in FL...
Nope. My buddys place in Bennettsville, SC. We trade work. I have a lawn service on the side, so we trade grass mowing for oil changes and muffler work. He does really good work. Sometimes he is too much of a perfectionist! It took him two pipes to finally be happy. The first wasnt bent just right. It looked good to me!

·
Registered
244 Posts
The V6 was fast, but there is no substitute for that V8 Torque and awesome sound. There is no replacement for displacement!
07Tundra,

It's odd how just two more cylinders makes such a difference in sound. Your right the V-8 sounds nicer comapred to the V-6.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
35 Posts
The factory SS exhaust I find to be anemic and a disappointment sound quality wise - if you want good sound for not of cash, the GM performance axle backs are awesome, back when all I had on my car was a CAI and those, it would turn heads simply by the sound.

·
Banned
258 Posts
The V6 was fast, but there is no substitute for that V8 Torque and awesome sound. There is no replacement for displacement!
Actuallyyyyyyy..........lol There's always FI. :D

But yeah the V8 rumble is very nice. I think I've got the V6 sounding about as well as you can make it sound but its never going to replicate a V8. It's kinda funny to watch ppl rubberneck because it doesn't sound quite like what they're expecting. I call it Ferrari meets BMW V10 and then does some meth lol.

I don't know what it is about the LS motors but they just sound awesome. They sound so open and nasty when properly exhausted.
Congrats on the upgrade, Tundra. If I had it to do over again, and knowing what I know now, I would have just purchased an LS3. At some point though you just gotta be happy with what you got. Someone's always going to have more. Enjoy your new ride, it looks fantastic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts