Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I want to install something like this...

http://www.slponline.com/view_product_site.asp?P=100044A

Can someone (please excuse my ignorance) what the material is... and how do you install them?
Those look great! I had thought about it and after seeing yours wish I had gone ahead and painted mine when I painted my splash guards and engine cover. Might have to get out the paint gun again.

I have a magnetic black out piece I bought to try the look on mine before I bought put the vinyl on it. I liked it so well i bought a vinyl kit that I hope to get on today. Maybe we could get together some time so you can see mine so you decide if you like it or not. We could stick the magnetic on yours so you can decide also.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I want to install something like this...

http://www.slponline.com/view_product_site.asp?P=100044A

Can someone (please excuse my ignorance) what the material is... and how do you install them?
I've seen those installed in person and I thought it didn't look good...to much body color showing around the taillights and from under the deck lid. It looked like a cheap mod in MO. If I was going to go that route...I'd have it painted like Jekyll-N-Hyde did. I've seen his in person and it looked great. Here's a pic I took.

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've seen those installed in person and I thought it didn't look good...to much body color showing around the taillights and from under the deck lid. It looked like a cheap mod in MO. If I was going to go that route...I'd have it painted like Jekyll-N-Hyde did. I've seen his in person and it looked great. Here's a pic I took.

[URL="
[/URL]
Believe it or not the magnetic fits not to bad. I got it so I could try it on a temporary basis to see how I liked it. I have not opened and test fit the vinyl yet. The black in the picture is ok but I like the thinner look I currently have.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
The rear bumper was removed off my car and the clear was 100% totally removed leaving nothing but the Yellow paint. The blackout was taped off and painted black then the whole bumper was recleared. Most of the work was in the taping so you dont feel the tape line at all.

I wanted the old first gen bigblock style blackout on the back of my car imo it gave it the old muscle look plus along with the recently added New Afterburner taillights I added the blackout and the lights give the car an evil look late in the evening when its almost dark. I wanted a car that didnt look like anyone elses so where ever I went everyone knows who's car it is.

Envy thanks for the kind words.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts