Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, my name is Jesse from Edinburg in the Rio Grande Valley. I've been following the camaro since...........well I cant remember, but from the faint whispers of the the camaro coming back around for a return, and since then I've been at the heels of the Camaro, with a couple Concept Camaro items like posters, press release guides, Camaro Convertible book, and a hardback book that I cherish as my link to my future camaro. Im 21 years of age, and havent owned a camaro but always loved them and was my plan to buy myself a new camaro when i graduated but by then tumbleweeds were around. But I do have a couple projects in my arsenal that are keeping occupied, currently have a 1978 Malibu 2dr Coupe with 355 SBC and GN rear, looking to get it running for the track this fall and run down the 1/4 in 12's, also have a 1970 Chevelle S/C sitting ready for the dream restoration. Im currently going to college hoping to finish in the next two to three years. But right now my plans are to clear my debt and get ready for the Camaro in 09. Would love a black with flat black stripes, and flat-black tips, would look sinister, but any camaro with a LS3 will do.

Well im glad I can join you all in the revival of a legend

Oh and im sure it safe to safe I was one of the few to jump in excitement during Transformers as Camaro graced the screen

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY. Glad you could join us, Jesse. I love the G-body's....I had an 86 Monte Carlo, a 79 2-dr Malibu and 78 Malibu wagon. This is the only pic of the wagon I could find.

It had a 400 SBC bored .030, 700R4, 3.73 posi, 15x8 Corvette Ralley's, Hotchkis sways, full Belltech suspension and a Pontiac Grad Prix seats.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
welcome to the site. Sounds like you have some cool projects...I also had a g-body (see my sig).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the warm welcome guys, nice to see some G-body owners, today I think I struck a deal on a 80 malibu 4dr in great running condition, current tags and all. Originally from WA, this car looks fine but runs smooth, stepped in a local chevy dealer to see by chance if they had any brochures, which was a far fetched idea, but no go, and almost got into an argument with the sales guy, told him i was looking for the booklet, and he says "Its not out yet", im like well they just revealed it, and I have a pdf copy of the booklet, and then I schooled him, he didnt have his facts straight, I almost slapped him when he said they planned on dealer markups, unless I order then maybe no markups, and then hey told me the SS/RS LS3 with M6 would be in the 40's, just his speculation but enough for me to leave. Well on to the waiting line.

Actually my mom wants one now, so there may be two camaros in the stable next year, or they will drive mine, and I told them im getting a Manual 6-speed, that didnt deter my parents, since my mom can drive manual also haha.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Howdy Jesse, and welcome! :hello:
Good for you on schooling that car salesman, some of them are so danged clueless. :screwy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.