Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i just signed up here :D anyway, on the way home today, i *spied* a camaro prototype in what is probably the close-to-final production form!!! :lol: it was for a movie shoot. photos attached

it was in ss trim, meaning a v8? automatic, silver w/ black interior. i have to say, it was BEAUTIFUL. i had my doubts 'cuz the camaro concept i saw at the la autoshow was HUGE, which seemed to be the trend of retro muscle cars. the mustang is about one or two sizes too large and the new challenger is also ginormous. the styling of this new camaro is quite a success and really wow'd me. it didn't seem oversized at all and is in fact (at least seemed) quite a nice compact size for a sporty car. the tail is high and sufficiently short, with nice but not overly cluttered details. the front is aggressive and but not overly showy. and when seen direct front on it looked pretty wide and a bit menancing. the profile is simple and nice. there're lots of edges and lines like the c6 'vette, and overally there was not a fault w/ this design seen in person by me. i also got a look at the interior, which is really a good mix of retro styling cues and modern slick look. i especially like the 4 gauges on the center console

one other interesting thing, this car had a moonroof, which looks a bit funny on a muscle car. the moonroof shows how wide the car is, and also that it looks like the production version lost the twin-bubble roof look of the concept car stolen from the c6 'vette. that's all ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Perfect. Things I've noticed: Moonroof, front badge reading "Z28" or "SS" right near the right hand side of the grill. Final badging on the front end is a slightly bent bow-tie. Finished rear-end, still a bit..ugly, but those mufflers will be gone.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Badass. Im a little pissed about the reverse lights and the horrible placing of the SS badges and that little bump between the fogs and wheelwell needs to go. Not to crazy about the production changes. I like the prototype front bumper better. Oh well, I still get one and it still looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

the badge says ss. there's actually an ss badge on the rear right next to the tail lights that didn't show up in the photo. also, the two or three hash indentations in front of the rear wheel wells were funny. they emulate the ones on the original car but are totally stylistic, and very hard to see, almost a carricature

i had a good look at the interior but i didn't take any photos. i felt a little bad taking these 'cuz i chatted w/ the guy and he was really nice and i was afraid he'd get into trouble. i liked the interior a lot. it's basically a faithful, realistic, and functional translation of the show car's interior. i especially liked the quad gauges on the center console. overall, the interior looked pretty slick, not cheaply retro like the mustang's interior. it also seemed pretty snug, which i like. there seemed to be very little leg room for the back seats, which isn't that surprising. the bowtie on the front grill was a bit too big and shiny (i kinda wish it'd have the classic camaro logo/badge instead), but my impression of the car's inside and out was very positive

·
Registered
318 Posts
Give us details before you get sworn in to the focus group\and or black SUV'd.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Nice pics! Seems to good to be true that GM would give a TV movie a finished product before the unveilling, but if so I salute you for your intel. Definately haven't seen these pics before.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Give us details before you get sworn in to the focus group\and or black SUV'd.
+1

Also, to the OP, size reference? Seem larger or smaller than a Mustang.
Can you describe the headlights more?

On a discussion standpoint, if this is the SS; then I will be shopping for in aftermarket grille that puts the SS badge in place of the bowtie, and be removing the CAMARO lettering from the fenders, along with the Gm logo at the bottom, and removing the bowtie on the rear deck and replacing it with the SS.
The SS on the side, makes it look like an afterthought and cluttered. We know its a Chevy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
haha. I agree. I completely plan on taking the "SS" badge off of my Monte Carlo and forcing it to fit in the Camaro bow-tie. Don't need a big **** Chevrolet emblem on there! But, I imagine that they will have these from Chevrolet, available at launch, without a doubt.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You should keep in mind, if this is for a movie, Hollywood could have put the finishing touches anywhere they wanted to. This includes badges and such. They may have been given an unfished model and they had to fabricate the rest. There's still no way to know if this is a finished look.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I kinda like the bow tie front and back....the badging for the SS is not to flashy which is great...However, noooooottttt a huge fan of the reverse lights, then again I dont really have a better idea of where to place them. I notice the XM ant. is also not painted with the body color, I hope this is because it is pre-pro, I know there was some gripe about this issue on other vehicles, not to mention I am a sirius man and I need a **** merger.....all in all its has come along nicely.

Also,has anyone else noticed as a newbie this kind sir knows a whole hell of alot about the questions we have been asking and inquiring in the recent weeks. For some reason I don't think the burbans are coming after him...I think this is a lil bit of that ...GM keeping us occupied and giddy until September with "spy shots" ..*COUGH* *COUGH*...no really, thanks GM :roxor:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts