Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, after installing my typhoon CAI intake successfully i am yet not satisfied with my car. I have the MOD addiction again, i feel like a crack addict. Next project is some gauge pods. I have a 1ss so i dont have the gauge cluster and i have a 13 so there is no cluster for it anyway. Besides, i know your 2ss kicks my 1ss's ass because of the HUD but i don't like those gauges so far down on the car. Yea, you prob don't need to stare at them constantly but honestly, if you had a choice wouldn't you rather? So im asking if anybody has any setups they can share on this thread. I thinking of getting a pod beam and mounting 3ea 2 1/16th gauges. One being a TACH (yes tachs are for show i admit) , an oil pressure (very important imo), and a temp gauge (very important as well imo). Yes i know the car has some displays you can scan through. I'm going with blue digital wether intellitronix or glowshift. I may go with a 3 inch tach on the dash and maby a 2 pod.

Anyway..does anybody have any some pics of their cars they can share with me that are modded?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, i can't put a tach in a 2013. Didn't know that until i went and tried to buy one. Highly dissapointed.

i WAS TOLD BY THE PEPBOYS SPEEDSHOP YOU CAN'T DO THIS, IS THIS CORRECT??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Pepboys "speedshop"???? LOL! Don't believe them. You want configurable gauges? Get a Dashdaq and you'll have any gauge you can dream of!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pepboys "speedshop"???? LOL! Don't believe them. You want configurable gauges? Get a Dashdaq and you'll have any gauge you can dream of!
You may laugh but you know the people that work there are people. They work on cars and do mods and have interests. The guy owned an older 69 camaro and was knowledgable.

Besides, nobody on this forum seems to know crap about this setup.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Ok, i can't put a tach in a 2013. Didn't know that until i went and tried to buy one. Highly dissapointed.

i WAS TOLD BY THE PEPBOYS SPEEDSHOP YOU CAN'T DO THIS, IS THIS CORRECT??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, I'm confused. What's wrong with the tach in the car? Are you saying a 2013 1SS doesn't have one? What is the other gauge next to the speedo then? :confused:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wait, I'm confused. What's wrong with the tach in the car? Are you saying a 2013 1SS doesn't have one? What is the other gauge next to the speedo then? :confused:
I had an idea to mold a 3 pod pillar (cant find one). I got oil press and temp. I was gonna put a tach with a shift light in the 3rd hole.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's what I was wondering too. Seems kinda silly to have two tachometers in the car. And yes, the 2013 1SS has a tachometer in the dash.

To the OP, you can buy the four pack gauge pods for the console just like you could with the older camaros. My car has it in it and its a 2013. Somehow I think you've been fed some misinformation.

Here's the link to the pods on phastek:
http://www.phastekperformance.com/GM-4-Pack-Gauges-Cluster-92247189-2010-Camaro-p/gm-camaro-gauges-92247189.htm

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I had an idea to mold a 3 pod pillar (cant find one). I got oil press and temp. I was gonna put a tach with a shift light in the 3rd hole.
I was initially put off by the location of the 4gauge pack but after about 2 days it was ALL GOOD! :thumbsup: Your brain will re-train to look there, trust me....

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
A-Pillar gauges are freaking SUH-WEET, but I'd hit my head on them getting in and out of my car.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
The A pillar in the Camaro houses an AIR BAG.

(and I never thought the people that work there are people) ;)

Seriously, The guys might be OK, but I'd NEVER go to Pep Boys for performance.
An oil filter, sure, but that's about it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pepboys usually has every mod i want inside the speedshop off the shelf. Beats waiting or paying for shipping. You can get Nos, racing clutches, drag tires, and more off the shelf.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I was wondering too. Seems kinda silly to have two tachometers in the car. And yes, the 2013 1SS has a tachometer in the dash.

To the OP, you can buy the four pack gauge pods for the console just like you could with the older camaros. My car has it in it and its a 2013. Somehow I think you've been fed some misinformation.

Here's the link to the pods on phastek:
2010 2011 2012 GM 4-Pack Gauges Cluster #92247189 2010 Camaro

See this is where people are wrong. You cannot mount the 4 gauge pod in a 1ss 13 model, only below. There is no harness yet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
See this is where people are wrong. You cannot mount the 4 gauge pod in a 1ss 13 model, only below. There is no harness yet.
Yes there is a harness. Buy the pod pack and you will see that we are correct. The wiring is there to install it, you just don't have the part.

And what do you mean only below?

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't get why you would want an aftermarket tach. The stock one works great...
More pleasing to the eye. Seeing all those digital gauges on the A pillar with a digital tach with a blue led that sweeps would make the inside of my car that more bad ass to me. I have blue neons under the dash, blue dome light, 2 blue led oil temp/press gauges on an a pillar. An after market tach would seal the deal for me, it just would enhance my driving experience so to speak. People stick fake vents on their cars that don't do anything, big spoilers (high wing for the camaro) on their cars that won't do anything, smoke lights that serve no purpose. The purpose all these serve is it is pleasing to the eye.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts