Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone watching this on ESPN2 right now?

how freakin cool is that? 4 cars side by side doing the 1/4-mile in 4 seconds at 300mph :eek:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eek: i didn't realize Erica Enders was still racing pro-stock.

i went to HS with her and her sister, Courtney.

Courtney dated my best friend for awhile, but when their Disney movie came out, she became too much of a "celebrity" for him :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm a big NHRA fan, have been my whole life. I've been to numerous events and there's nothing that comes close to side by side 8000hp funny cars/dragsters going down the strip, and I'm sure the experience of 4 going down at once would be amazing, but with all the recent deaths and safety issues (including shortening the track to 1000 ft), is this really what they should be doing.

I'm also worried that they are turning this into a gimmick, like what happened to monster trucks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a big fan and have been to events from coast to coast. I had the opportunity to attend event yesterday. I'm just a few miles from Concord in Greensboro. I'm not a fan of this format and heard numerous others with the same feeling. Trying to watch 4 cars in action is too much, especially if the competition is between the 1st and 4th car. I wouldn't be suprprised if this format does not return next year.

I've been numerous events over years, from coast to coast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts