Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Members,

My name is Stefano Bimbi. I am the CEO of Nickey Chicago, Inc. We have been working on a 5th Gen Camaro project since the 2002 Gen IV Nickey/Bill Thomas Camaro was completed.

I have been to this wonderful web site many times, in the past, for both ideas as well as information. This is a very cool and useful site and I appreciate being a part of a group of true Camaro Enthusiasts!

I purchased my first Camaro used and needing total restoration in the 1970s and I have been hooked ever since!

We are aware that it may be a bit early, introducing our project to the public, as we still don't have a 5th Gen Camaro, to work with.

We ordered ours from one of the Network dealers, just like everyone else.

We have been the Title Sponsor of the Nickey Chevy Vette Fest Nationals for years and this is where we usually introduce our new projects. The Fall Show is November 22 and 23 at the Stephenson Center, in Rosemont, Illinois.

We will be there at our display discussing our Project with existing as well as new potential customers.

I hope that I haven't broken any protocol with this post? While it may be self serving , I sincerely thought that the membership might appreciate the info.

Check out this thread for more info: http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/363716/an/0/page/0#Post363716

I'll keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Stefano Bimbi

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
.......... I'll Provide More Details but this is a summary.

Stage I: Mild Modifications to the Stock LS3

Stage II: Completely reworked LS3, (Stock V8 used in the Camaro).

Stage III: This is a complete new/different LS7 427ci transplant.
^^^^I copy/pasted this from the link you provided, Stefano. I'm really looking forward to your offerings for the 5thGen SS!:cool:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Hello Members,

My name is Stefano Bimbi. I am the CEO of Nickey Chicago, Inc. We have been working on a 5th Gen Camaro project since the 2002 Gen IV Nickey/Bill Thomas Camaro was completed.

I have been to this wonderful Web site many times, in the past, for both ideas as well as information. This is a very cool and useful site and I appreciate being a part of a group of true Camaro Enthusiasts!

I purchased my first Camaro used and needing total restoration in the 1970s and I have been hooked ever since!

I an aware that we are a bit early in introducing our project to the public, as we still don't have a 5th Gen Camaro, to work with. I had to order mine from one of our Network dealers, just like everyone else.

We have been the Title Sponsor of the Nickey Chevy Vette Fest Nationals for years and this is where we usually introduce our new projects. The Fall Show is November 22 and 23 at the Stephenson Center in Rosemont, Illinois.

We will be there in our display discussing our Project with existing as well as new potential customers.

I hope that I haven't broken any protocol with this post? While it may be self serving , I sincerely thought that the membership might appreciate the info.

Check out this thread for more info: http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/363716/an/0/page/0#Post363716

I'll keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Stefano Bimbi
Stefano - welcome to the site :cool:

What we would like to do for the Stage III is a 700hp version of the new Corvette ZR1, LS9 Supercharged engine.

This will depend on the availability of components and/or complete assembly through GM Performance Parts.
Now this sounds attractive :roxor:

Check your PMs here on the site :cool:

Joe Lopez
OverAnxious on Team camaro and Yenko.net :patriot:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The 'Stinger' hood was borrowed from the '67 Corvette and designed to be used on the First Generation Nickey Camaros. It was first Installed on a Nickey Camaro in 1966. Other Super Car Builders soon began to use Stinger Hoods on their Conversions as well.

Thanks to John McBride, we think it fits the New Camaro just fine!

·
8,984 Posts
You need Jinx to design all of your cars. He is amazing!!!!!!

Get rid of the round fogs and go SQUARE!

Just some ideas.

WELCOME from TEXAS!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 'Stinger' hood was borrowed from the '67 Corvette and designed to be used on the First Generation Nickey Camaros. It was first Installed on a Nickey Camaro in 1966. Other Super Car Builders soon began to use Stinger Hoods on their Conversions as well.

Thanks to John McBride, we think it fits the New Camaro just fine!
1966 camaro?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Wow, that is one good looking car. I hope they have a stinger hood available aftermarket, and those torque thrust II's in gray are high on my aftermarket wheel list as well. I can't wait to see that thing in person.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree with 54! you really should contact jinx about some of his z28 renderings. He's done some awesome designs that allot of people love and it could make a great addition to some of your cars. Especially on the stage 3 i can see jinx' brake cooling ducts being valuable to cooling down some large aftermarket brakes!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts