Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
This shouldn't come as a surprise...who wouldn't want the best bang for the buck?

Really starting to see more of them on the road....As the snow melts, they come out of hibernation.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:lol:

It's definitely Survival of the fittest this time around. 412hp, a couple hundred pounds less, and a 6 speed transmission to top it off.
Coyote has an argument against the LS3, however..

LLT > HURRatec 37.

Dunno which is worse, that.. or the Olds 40verheat. Or the 80s Olds Diesels for that matter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mustang sales

To be fair, the Mustang folks are waiting on the new 5 liter Coyote engine. Stock, it will be a Camaro beater, but we will still have the better platform to work from.

Mustang also hurt themselves with the redesigned rear end.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
My Brother is a Ford Fan. He's been leaning towards getting the new 5.0 Mustang. If I can ever find a decent job we will have a real sibling rivalry :)

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Ford has and will Win the over all bang for the buck when they release there new Car. As for the Folks who want a NEW car for the up coming future Gm needs to step up for them and for its history.

I say bring the Coyote !!!!!!! My Car isnt on the street to prove anything however by the time these 5.0L are on the car lots I won't be anywhere near stock. I got an extra bedroom full of Toys for in time when I feel the car is ready she will Dress for Party.

I wish Gm would bring back the Mascot Panther for the name of a motor or something.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I wouldn't say Ford will win bang for the buck.
The prices of the 2011 Mustang are only a few hundred below Camaro.

Besides, Chevy isn't done yet. ;)
Tim is correct on the pricing. The Mustang price jumped a bit for 2011 with the release of the new engines.

Bang for the buck is debatable, but public perception is still leaning towards Ford.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Mustang also hurt themselves with the redesigned rear end.
That's why they're dressing the wound with the 5.0, 6 speed tranny, and being lighter..only a couple hundred pounds.

Plus a rear bumper is easy to swap. I'm waiting for one for the 5thgen.

BTW: How can we say the LS3 is the better platform (Most likely it is) but have we had our hands on the coyote yet? I think a few of you have a false sense of security with the "LS3". But this is just me giving credit where it's due. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mustang sales

That's why they're dressing the wound with the 5.0, 6 speed tranny, and being lighter..only a couple hundred pounds.

Plus a rear bumper is easy to swap. I'm waiting for one for the 5thgen.

BTW: How can we say the LS3 is the better platform (Most likely it is) but have we had our hands on the coyote yet? I think a few of you have a false sense of security with the "LS3". But this is just me giving credit where it's due. :thumbsup:
It's not the rear bumper, it's the whole rear end (no easy fix).

LS3 vs Coyote? 6.2 vs 5.0. No replacement for displacement (that simple).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yes and no. Granted they rev the piss out of the coyo to get to 412hp at the crank (7K RPM), if they built the motor to rev higher they could theoretically match the LS engine design at higher RPMs.

However, we still may have an advantage in low RPM power bands and tried true/KISS setups on a pushrod engine. Ford had to build a **** DOHC spaceship for their D2C skin to keep up.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
It's not the rear bumper, it's the whole rear end (no easy fix).

Listen bro, this isn't the 50s and 60s anymore where displacement is king. Sorry to break it to you but displacement doesn't mean crap anymore.

The LS3 is a big ol' 6.2 pumping out 426hp, the Coyote is 5.0 and pumping out 412hp.

A 1.2L and a 14hp difference is not enough to make me buy 1 car over the other. Put that mustang on a dyno, tune it, and now you have LS3 power (IDK about torque) and you can see where I'm coming from? Look at the camaro V6...it has more power than a plethora of V8s from not too long ago. Nobody should laugh at the size of engines anymore.

Mustangs have always had smaller engines and be able to perform just as good as the big fbody, factor in normally lighterweight and cheaper and they are very good platforms to build whatever you want. Now they might not be for the hardcore racers who have DISPLACEMENT DISPLACEMENT DISPLACEMENT rammed into their heads, but if you want to win you shouldn't always jump in the car with the biggest engine.

We all know how badass the V8 foxes are, do you not think the new 5.0 will be able to carry that title?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I say bring the Coyote !!!!!!! My Car isnt on the street to prove anything however by the time these 5.0L are on the car lots I won't be anywhere near stock. I got an extra bedroom full of Toys for in time when I feel the car is ready she will Dress for Party.

I wish Gm would bring back the Mascot Panther for the name of a motor or something.
i'm with ya on this. don't sing it, just bring it! i love competition :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
After it's all said and done..it'll still be a Mustang.
As in it'll probably still feel like sitting on a leather-clad wooden lawn chair inside of a small box with your knees covering the air vents.

That's how I felt when I rode in a 2004, anyway. :lol:
lol i know what you mean! i had one as a rental car and i felt like i was driving a Geo with the seat all the way back!

i was very surprised at the leg room i get with my camaro! although having the sunroof gives me less head room, i'm about an inch from touching the roof with the sit adjusted all the way down!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
lol i know what you mean! i had one as a rental car and i felt like i was driving a Geo with the seat all the way back!

i was very surprised at the leg room i get with my camaro! although having the sunroof gives me less head room, i'm about an inch from touching the roof with the sit adjusted all the way down!
Oh man..I had the mispleasure of riding in the backseat of that thing once. It was a convertible..me and my then-friend were squished over in that thing..I couldn't even sit up. My G5 has more legroom(and headroom!) than that thing did. :lol:

It was seriously the least comfortable vehicle I have ever been in.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts