Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The much anticipated Nissan GT-R is the first Japanese supercar to seriously threaten the reigning opposition, many of whom the GT-R bested on Germany's renowned Nurburgring. Editors noted that while the Nissan GT-R rides like a subway car, sounds like an appliance and weighs a ton, it still deserved to be named Automobile of the Year for delivering high-intensity fun and astonishing performance.

'For decades, previous versions of the GT-R were never exported to the United States. Now we know what we've been missing, and are we happy to be invited to the party,' said Jean Jennings, president and editor-in-chief of AUTOMOBILE Magazine. 'What we love about the GT-R is that it refuses to compromise. It is not comfortable, it is not trying to make friends and it is not trying to influence people. It exists for one reason only ' to go fast ' and it does.'

In awarding the GT-R its ultimate prize, AUTOMOBILE Magazine editors cited the car's 'neck-snapping acceleration,' 'super-accurate steering' and 'incredible value' by supercar standards.
Take that Porsche!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
the scuderia would probably kill it but what the GTR does is pretty much the same but for a lot less money and that's what is a determining factor when they make these judgements.

FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA
515HP
$300,000(Good luck trying to buying one right now cuz you are gonna be on a waiting list for at least 2 years)

NISSAN R35 SKYLINE GTR
480 HP
$72-80,000(yeah you might be paying a few gran or more(more than likely more) over list for the GTR but nissan will be making alot more than scuderia so they will be more plentiful than compared to the scuderia
you can this or you can go with......

Chevy Corvett C6 Z06
505 HP
$75,000
OR $60K AND UNDER USED
I think most people here would agree that the z06 is a better buy:patriot::lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
its amazing to see how bias the article writing clowns are. When the zo6 first came out they all nit picked the car. Yet this pos comes over and they justify it.:BangHead:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why is everyone angry? I know the GT-R could also win fugliest design of the year, but other than the no manual-transmission, porky weight, weak exhaust note, cramped rear seats, sharp exterior edges (the GT-R's designers obviously designed the car out of rulers) the fact that it sounds like an Asthmatic Maxima, slab sides, the IS-F/Corvette Fender Vents, and the fact that if you drive it the way a supercar should be driven, you are fined a bajillion dollars and your warranty is suddenly 'voided' seemingly outta nowhere, it's a pretty decent car.:lol:

But seriously.

Nissan: "Do you have an SCCA license?"
Customer: "No..."
Nissan: "I'm sorry, we're going to have to void your warranty."
Customer: "I haven't even bought the car yet!"

I'm sure if you were to use the launch control on this car it would void your warranty.

In the GT-R's owner's manual: "depressing the accelerator pedal more than 1/4 of the way is considered abusive driving and will void warranty":eek::eek:

If you turn off VDC, you will- (you guessed it) Void your warranty.

I call it Voidzilla

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also heard that if you sell your GT-R too soon after buying it, Nissan will void the buyer's warranty. Gay. I'd just get a Z06. No one has voided their warranty for driving a Z06.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it sounds like nissan is just a little worried about their awesome, amazing, fantabulous super car holding up if it's driven the way it was meant to be. They should stand behind they're products or stick to building sentras.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
:lol::rotflmao: what's also funny is that Jeremy Clarkson from top gear basically severed his neck testing the car around fuji:lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amazing to me that anyone would think this is something to get excited about. For a car in the 85k range this is one butt ugly car. If I had one of these cars I would hide it out back where nobody could see it, and really what good is a performance car if it can not perform without spewing parts everytime you push it to the limit.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amazing to me that anyone would think this is something to get excited about. For a car in the 85k range this is one butt ugly car. If I had one of these cars I would hide it out back where nobody could see it, and really what good is a performance car if it can not perform without spewing parts everytime you push it to the limit.
If I had one of these cars, I'd sell it for a Z06. I mainly wanted to post this because Porsche thought they were getting COTY with the revised 911, but the winner was in the end, Porsche's sparring rival- Nissan. Severe facepalm, IMO.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts