Modern Camaro Forums banner

No drill front license plate brackets now available from JacFab!

60K views 133 replies 30 participants last post by  RacnJsn95 
#1 · (Edited)
Now available from JacFab, a new ModernCamaro sponsor, a front license plate bracket that doesnt require drilling into your new sweet ride's bumper!

If you haven't stumbled across my bracket interest thread, I'll fill you in on the process. These are CNC waterjet cut from 3/16" thick 5052 aluminum. From there they are bent, on a CNC pressbrake, welded, tapped, and then powder coated semi-gloss black. They bolt onto the bottom of the bumper with two existing bolts, and are supplied with all new black oxide coated hardware.

Some states require than you have a front license plate, some don't (lucky you!), don't give the fuzz a reason to pull you over! The bracket comes off easily for car shows, and doesn't leave any unsightly holes in your painted front bumper.

Currently I'm running these in batches of 12-15 at a time, and they are available in 2 different styles. Bent style, of flat.

Bent Style

Flat Style

At current time these are only available for the SS without ground effects, and will work on v6 cars that have swapped to the SS front fascia! I've got the stock V6, and the factory ground effects cars in the works right now.

Currently I have 12 bent style, and 2 flat style in stock.

Feel free to check out the JacFab Website, although it's currently under construction.

Also a Wiseco forged piston dealer, PM me with what you're looking for the best prices out there!

Now a Kibble White valve train accessory dealer, watch for LSx valves coming soon!

See less See more
#2 ·
ordered from you on friday and received the tracking number the same day.

one quick question. you mentioned in the interest thread that these would have some type of material to protect the paint. is this still true?

#3 ·
Yes, the side that contacts the bottom of the bumper has "extra soft, ultra comfortable," closed-cell, weather resistant vinyl foam on it.

#4 · (Edited)
it arrived a few days ago, took her out today to go to work, then washed her after... decided to test fit this frame once i got back.

overall i am very satisfied with it! it is sturdy, symmetrical, and not made of cheapo plastic like the stock frame.i love the fact i didn't have to drill holes in the bumper just to stay legal. in the past year, i have been pulled over 3 times for no front plate. luckily all resulting in a warning. all 3 times were when i was on a long trip somewhere, so this thing is definitely going on whenever i get on the highway.

i decided to use the stock bolts to mount it instead of the supplied ones. for some reason one side would not go in. i even tried switching the bolts around and it wouldn't go in. even the stock bolt from the other side would not go in :dunno: so i just used the stock bolts and it worked fine.

also, i installed the plate using all 4 supplied bolts, but when i took the birds eye view photo, i noticed how close the bottom bolts were to the bumper. i didn't want to risk the bracket flexing while on the highway and scratching the paint so i just removed the bottom bolts. but they did help to shape the plate when i mounted it.

all in all it was a very easy install, and i feel i will get much use of it. its not going to be permanent, but i will keep it in the trunk just in case i get pulled over in the city.

here's some pics:

#5 · (Edited)
also, i installed the plate using all 4 supplied bolts, but when i took the birds eye view photo, i noticed how close the bottom bolts were to the bumper. i didn't want to risk the bracket flexing while on the highway and scratching the paint so i just removed the bottom bolts. but they did help to shape the plate when i mounted it.
I suppose I could start sending 2 different lengths of bolts to mount the license plate to the bracket. I have some shorter ones I can send you, no charge, if you like. The ones I decided to supply are 1/2" long, but I have some that are 3/8" long. Reason I supplied the 1/2" one is because if you decide to put a license plate frame on, I didn't feel the 3/8" ones were long enough, however without a license plate frame, the 3/8" ones are fine. Also... It doesn't look like you used the supplied washers from the license plate bolts from the pics? That would take up some of the excess sticking out.

Glad you're happy with it, and thanks for your purchase! Let me know if you want the shorter bolts and I'll mail them out Monday.

#6 ·
i got 4 larger washers and 2 smaller washers. the larger ones seemed like they were for the bumper bolts, not the license bolts, so i used the small washers on the top bolts and nothing on the bottom bolts. i tried putting the 2 small washers on the supplied bumper bolts but they didn't fit. i hope i was doing it right.

that'd be great if you could get me the 3/8" allen bolts and 2 more small washers.

#7 ·
Got it on Monday, and installed it today. Couldn't be happier. Took just a few minutes to bolt it up, and everything fit as promised. Excellent service, excellent product.

#8 · (Edited)
Glad you're happy with it, thanks for your purchase!

On a side note I was able to get the local Chevy dealership to buy one. They are gonna look it over, have some "Camaro Fanatic" look at it, and they may buy more for the new cars. Hopefully they don't rip me off and have them made somewhere else.

I also took measurements of another v6 car... I think the v6 bracket will be a challenge because of the angle on the bottom of the front bumper. The bracket wont be as supported as the v8 one.

#9 ·
No they will buy from you and mark it up 300% :lol:

#10 ·
Still have 8 bent style, and 2 flat style available.

On a side note, it looks like I may be relocating to a new state, so once these are gone I'm not sure when I will have more, until I can source a local water jet or laser cutter, and a new powder coater to continue making these. Get em while they're hot! ;)

#11 ·
You should apply for a patent now so nobody can steal your idea.

Just sayin'

Oh, and these look really sweet. I wish I had a Camaro, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

#13 ·
Thanks for all of the support so far guys! I'm down to 5 bent style, and still have the 2 flat.

It does look like I will be moving, tenatively my plane leaves on Dec. 1, so once these are gone, it may be a while before I have more available. As I mentioned, I'll have to source a new material supplier, powder coater, and water jet/laser cutter, so it may be a while. I thought about still having the work done here where I am now, but then the brackets would have to be shipped up to me adding more cost to the price, which I'm trying not to do, but when/if I find new sources where I'm going I can't say that they will be the same price as here, so odds are the price will change, I'll keep you all posted when I do have something figured out.

#14 ·
Hey guys,

I'm established in my new residence, ready to get some of these moving again if anyone is interested? The next batch is currently under construction, but I still have 3 bent style, and 2 flat style available.

#16 ·
V6 and gm gfx brackets are in the design phase now. Check back periodically.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have sold out of all the bent style brackets. I should have another batch by the end of next week if all goes according to plan; I'm at the mercy of the material delivery truck right now.

And with that I do have the 2 flat style brackets still available. I originally made the flat style to please the people that didn't like the bent style. Unfortunately they are still here. I am not planning on making any more flat style brackets, so if you are interested in a flat style, now is the time to get one. Until the flat style brackets are gone I am offering them @ 20% off ($54.40) to modern camaro members!

#17 ·
Just linked this thread over on C5 to send someone looking for your product your way.

New customer for you = win!
Customer gets what he/she wants = win!
Annoy Tran witha MC link = WIN!

Tib :)

#18 ·
I see that, thanks Tiberious. Hopefully Tran doesn't catch onto it :thumbsup:

After some research and asking some questions, I have determined that the current SS bracket will work on any v6 cars that have swapped to the SS front fascia. Good news for (some) of you v6 guys!!!

#21 ·
Here's an update for those that are interested, unfortunately instead of my waterjet guy cutting all bent style, he messed up and cut the whole batch the flat style that no one seems interested in. So that will probably set everyone's orders back another week, week and a half before I can ship.

Sorry for the delay, I'll post on here as soon as I have the bent style in my hand.

On that note, I do not plan to spend the money to powder coat the accidental batch of flat style brackets I received unless someone actually wants to buy some, as I still have the original 2 that are powder coated ready to fly off the shelves. If someone was interested in a raw flat style bracket, like if they wanted to color match to the car, I would be able to give you a price cut since they aren't powder coated. Same goes for the bent style, if someone would like a raw bent style bracket so they could paint it to match their car themselves, if you let me know before I receive the next batch, I can hold yours back from going to powder coat.

#23 ·
I'm ready for a bent one when you get them.

#29 ·
I should have them any day now, I apologize for any delay. Now I'm at the mercy of the powder coater, they had them all last week! I called them on Friday, and they said they should be done the middle of this week. I'm hoping to be able to ship Friday for those that have paid already.

Once I have this batch in hand, and get the orders shipped, I will start in on the v6 bracket again. I should have access to a v6 car mid next month, and if all goes according to plan, I should have the v6 bracket finalized by the end of next month. If I could find a car to mock up on sooner, then it will be sooner, but finding one where I am at the moment seems to be an issue.

Currently this batch coming in will still be $68 ea for either style for the v8 car. I'll have to crunch the numbers again once I have all of my invoices, as the cost of material has gone up quite a bit. The price may go up a few dollars in the future, but nothing huge, I'm not trying to get rich on these, just break even and have a little gas money.

In order to try and avoid this waiting process in the future, I have already started ordering materials, etc for another batch.

#30 ·
The powder coater called me a bit ago and told me they were done. I will be able to pick them up later this afternoon, and should be able to start shipping Monday. I have either PM'ed or emailed everyone that wanted in on this batch. If you have contacted me about getting one, but you have not received a message/email from me today, I apologize, please contact me, and we'll get your order going.

Now that I have received this batch, and the final invoice for powder coating, I crunched the numbers again, and unfortunately I will have to raise the price slightly on future orders. The price will remain the same ($68) for this batch until they are gone, and anyone that I have already given a price to. I already have the next batch in process as most of this batch is already spoken for. That being said, in the future, the brackets will be $73.25, and will hopefully be stable at that price unless there is a huge jump in material prices.

I think this is very fair, as it is still cheaper than most all other no drill front mount brackets, and is a high quality piece.

As I mentioned I have started on the v6 bracket again, and will hopefully have something ready to roll out by the end of next month. In theory the v6 bracket will be the same price as the v8, regardless of style (Bent of flat). Of the people that expressed v6 bracket interest, are any of you interested in a flat style? If not, I'd rather not make one, as the flat style v8 bracket doesn't seem to go at all, and I've got about 15 of them waiting for homes.

#31 ·
Of the people that expressed v6 bracket interest, are any of you interested in a flat style? If not, I'd rather not make one, as the flat style v8 bracket doesn't seem to go at all, and I've got about 15 of them waiting for homes.
For the V6 bracket i'd like the Bent style

#33 ·
While it might be possible, I think my bracket would have to be modified to fit the factory bracket. I was going to try this, but unfortunately I seem to have permanently misplaced my factory mount. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.